Post by sandstorm001 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:41 am

OK, I admit I feel a bit frustrated.

I wanted to get back to opencart after couple of years but things aren't looking really promising. Mostly because I sincerely don't know which version I should go for since all have issues I'm not able to fix. If I had to select stable releases, it would most likely mean either opencart 4 or opencart 3:

- If I choose Opencart 4, there are big changes and had installation problems from the start (could not open admin page, got some weird redirect code instead).
- If I choose 3.0.3.8 I run into problem that it uses php 7.x which is now deprecated. If I want to upgrade it to php 8.x I need to go to git to get a maintenance version and merge it with current. But that doesn't work either, it causes internal server error and I can't even find what's causing it. I wish this would be merged to a stable release so it would be easier to setup. But I understand, I assume nobody has the time to do it.

Then there's the main branch of opencart 3 which is 3.0.3.9. But it's not stable release so it's even more blind step into the dark. It has the php 8.x support and even installed like a charm. But there might be something evil lurking down the live shop path and beat me to death with problems.

How do you people get your opencart live shop up and running?
Last edited by sandstorm001 on Thu Apr 06, 2023 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:32 am

You should be able to download the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance from the link below and install as you would any other version.

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/ar ... enance.zip

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by sandstorm001 » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:51 am

ADD Creative wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 4:32 am
You should be able to download the 3.0.x.x_Maintenance from the link below and install as you would any other version.

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/ar ... enance.zip
Thanks! Yeah, found that just out through other topic relating 3.0.3.8. PHP 8.x update: viewtopic.php?p=855274#p855274
I tried the maintenance branch several times and always ended up having internal server error. Just now found out that the folder/files permissions were off due to copying the maintenance files to server and got it finally working with

Code: Select all

sudo chmod -R 755 /path/to/opencart