Post by YarniaPDX » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:10 am

Is there any quick and easy way to let a customer jump to all my "specials," i.e. all my products that are CURRENTLY discounted?

I have a section of my shop called the Bargain Shelf, that is essentially a category of my shop that I manually add/remove products to/from on a weekly basis. But for Black Friday next week I want to be able to discount 40 or so of my products, have an easy way where customers can see these all at once (i.e. customyarn.com/specials) and then once the discount expires a couple days later, they just go back to being regularly priced products and I don't have to go through and manually remove them all from this Bargain Shelf category manually.

I feel like there was this option in earlier versions of OC (like say 10 years ago) but I don't see how to do that currently.

Thanks!

Post by straightlight » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:23 am

YarniaPDX wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:10 am
Is there any quick and easy way to let a customer jump to all my "specials," i.e. all my products that are CURRENTLY discounted?

I have a section of my shop called the Bargain Shelf, that is essentially a category of my shop that I manually add/remove products to/from on a weekly basis. But for Black Friday next week I want to be able to discount 40 or so of my products, have an easy way where customers can see these all at once (i.e. customyarn.com/specials) and then once the discount expires a couple days later, they just go back to being regularly priced products and I don't have to go through and manually remove them all from this Bargain Shelf category manually.

I feel like there was this option in earlier versions of OC (like say 10 years ago) but I don't see how to do that currently.

Thanks!
OC version. Hopefully not. Otherwise, filtering all specials that are focusing on discounted products could lead to bankruptcy.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by DigitCart » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:15 pm

Hi
Specials page route=product/special shows special products:
https://demo.opencart.com/index.php?rou ... ct/special

My Extensions

Post by YarniaPDX » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:49 pm

That's exactly what I was looking for--thank you so much!

Post by v-v » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:12 pm

Hi, would it be able to add some parametr e.g. brand? The meaning should be product filtering that have special price and specific brand ...

Someting like ...&manufacturer=xyz ?

Thank you.

v-v