Post by Subie » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:12 am

Hello,
I am currently running OC version 2.0.1.1 and I am being forced to move my store/website to a new sever. Should I install a new version on the new sever or should I backup my files and follow the version upgrade instructions. I'll be backing up my files regardless but wanted to know what would be a cleaner migration. The most important thing is that my customer information is available on the new sever.

Post by Johnathan » Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:37 pm

First, I would strongly advise against using OpenCart 4.0 for a live store. There are still some bugs in the latest version, including a major one where order information is displayed from the product's current data, instead of the data at the time the order was placed. Until that is fixed, I would recommend using 3.0.3.8 for new installations, or sticking with the version you are using if you have an existing store.

If you need a PHP 8 compatible version of OpenCart 3.0, you can find one here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... aintenance

For how to upgrade, I would recommend using the upgrade process, but keep in mind that OpenCart upgrades aren't always smooth. You may need to hire someone to make sure all the data gets ported, and you'll have to download new versions of any extensions you install. If you need to find a developer to hire, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator