Post by Ethon » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:15 am

I just installed the new version opencart. Any reason why it doesn’t go to my domain name but it adds /cart4

Post by Johnathan » Sat Mar 11, 2023 12:34 am

1. I would strongly advise against using OpenCart 4.0 for a live store. There are still some bugs in the latest version, including a major one where order information is displayed from the product's current data, instead of the data at the time the order was placed. Until that is fixed, I would recommend using 3.0.3.8 for new installations, or sticking with the version you are using if you have an existing store.

If you need a PHP 8 compatible version of OpenCart 3.0, you can find one here: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... aintenance

2. It sounds like your configuration is within a sub-directory, so it's adding that to your URL. Double-check your /config.php and /admin/config.php files, and see if the path is in there. You can try removing it, but that might break the site if you haven't configured the sub-domain correctly.

You will also need to make sure your domain actually points to the /cart4/ sub-directory. If you aren't sure how to do that, I'd highly recommend hiring someone to help you set up your store and domain.

If you need to find a developer, you can post a request in the OpenCart "Commercial Support" forum, which is checked by a number of OpenCart developers. You can also try checking out the OpenCart "Partners" area.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator