Post by mircea63 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:15 pm

I have a pet store. I want to develop a service for finding lost pets, based on scanning the qr code on their tag. Is there an extension that can help me?

Post by webplusdata » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:22 am

I've added a QR code scanner to an Opencart installation before :) You could scan a QR code or barcode and it would take you to that products page, or you could even scan a QR code on your invoice and it would immediately repopulate the shopping cart with the same products as on the invoice.

How would your QRs work in relation to Opencart? Are you adding the missing pets as information pages or something? What will the QR code link to?

Post by mircea63 » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:47 am

The customer creates a file in his account that contains contact information and other relevant information. The file's URL is converted into a QR code that is printed on the pet tag. The good Samaritan, who finds the pet, scans the QR code and sees the pet's file.

Post by TMD Extension @ » Tue Feb 28, 2023 12:44 pm

We had worked with QR codes in our POS software built in OpenCart.

Our team can surely create a system that will help your customer to create their pet information and their profile on a single page. and that page url will convert into a QR code, You will able to print the QR code, and give it to the pet owner by email or as you want.    
When someone scans the QR code a pet owner will display and opening that url in the browser will show all the information of the pet owner on your website.

Thanks & Regards
Sehaj Kaur
TMD Extensions
Contact Us For Customisations