Post by Marcas » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 pm

What we are going to acquire is a new theme of the same OpenCart 2.2 version to replace the previous one and talking with the programmers we wanted to know if when acquiring the new template we will lose all the modifications they made in the system. Some of these changes are adding specific restrictions to users and visuals that they have added as "sold out" buttons.?

Also, I would like to know if the internal base code is working with CSS (Cascade style sheets) or not?
I would greatly appreciate your help.
Last edited by Marcas on Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:47 pm

Only the developer who made the changes for you would know. For example if they made all the changes using an extension, then as long as it was compatible with you new theme the changes would stay. However, at the other end of the scale, if they made all the changes by directly modifying the theme template files, them new theme would not have the changes.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by ravikumar22 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:43 pm

Marcas wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:28 pm
What we are going to acquire is a new theme of the same OpenCart 2.2 version to replace the previous one and talking with the programmers we wanted to know if when acquiring the new template we will lose all the modifications they made in the system. Some of these changes are adding specific restrictions to users and visuals that they have added as "sold out" buttons.?

Also, I would like to know if the internal base code is working with CSS (Cascade style sheets) or not?
I would greatly appreciate your help.
This will also depend upon theme file structure. you can check and compare code by controller for better understand. or you can follow theme documention as well to check. its effectivness.

:) :D :( :o OpenCart Support | Please email at: devinlabsolutions@gmail.com :drunk: :laugh: :)