Post by rh001 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:03 am

Hi!

running OC 2302. I have extension installed (from como) that maintains the appearance of product option sort order on all front end and back end pages EXCEPT on admin order page after an order edit. Cuz something weird happens on order edit....looking at database oc_option_order, the order-option is changed seemingly randomly. After edit order, looking at order via admin, the options are out of order, reflecting the random sort in the database. It's not just a matter of patching the como extension to make the options appear in correct order because the email sent to customer after order edit also reflects the random sort. I don't think any of the extensions that fix the appearance of order options addresses the order edit product option sort order scramble. Note: even with no product option sort order fixing extension one can see, looking at the database, the product option's sort order is changed randomly with each order edit.

Does anyone know a fix for this? Has been fixed in OC3 or 4?

Thanks, Rob

Post by straightlight » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:49 pm

I believe the sort order by for product options has been added into the SQL query on the MB. I would suggest to take a look at the recent development release and wait a while longer before using those releases for production.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Holliebryant » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:32 pm

The oc_option_order database shows random sorting post-edit, affecting both frontend and backend displays, including customer emails. Existing extensions don't address this.

Best regard,
livetheorangelife