Post by soulliving » Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:14 pm

Thought this would be of some help for some that`s struggling with sitespeed that already has OC with Journal 3 installed - I would not reccomend anyone to transfer to Journal 3 without any knowledge - it`s been quite some bugfixing since I started, but after all fixes and some months of trying out our site is now working flawlessly (except when hosting is having issues which is not OC or Journal related). Journal 3 is a great tool if you know what you`re doing, but it`s not for the faint hearted.

Our store is www.soulliving.no and I`ve been working on getting it to work as fast as possible so here are the steps I would reccomend.

• Make sure server config is 100% solid, has webp support and use a well known hosting company that has 24/7 support and fast servers (I`m using a2hosting, mid tier shared server for approx 85$ a year)
  • Optimize databases
  • Activate all needed Journal 3 performance setting (Admin->System->Settings->Performance)
Activate Cache - Querty String
Minify HTML, CSS & JS (and combine on those avaliable)
Database indexes (make sure they are checked)
Activate Lazy Load (make sure server is configured correctly, most are ready out of the box)
Activate Compression (if server is configured, might need to install optipng and/or jpegoptim and/or cwebp GD)
Async Load for fonts (use a Google font)

• If using loads of pictures in product description I can also reccomend NitroPack (costs money) to optimize further, here you should contact NitroPack and get it setup (remove header from NitroCache since it can make the shoppingcart do funny things). Also only optimize productpages and homepage here for best results (can be setup in NitroPack admin)

Our Homepage went from
35/100 on mobile score to 85+/100
80/100 on desktop score to 99/100
https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=ht ... ving.no%2F

Our productpage went from
30/100 on mobile score to 80+/100
80/100 on desktop score to 99/100
https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=ht ... -65ml.html

Hope this might be helpful for some of you
Last edited by soulliving on Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Soulliving is an Norwegian webshop for korean skincare products - Setup in OpenCart 3.0.8..0 with Journal 3 theme

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:07 pm

Thank you for sharing your experience here.

BTW.: Your product pages aren't loading at all, has been an issue for the past few days. You might want to look for another webhost, or go for a more dedicated webhost account, otherwise you'll loose a lot of business!

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by soulliving » Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:29 pm

JNeuhoff wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 8:07 pm
Thank you for sharing your experience here.

BTW.: Your product pages aren't loading at all, has been an issue for the past few days. You might want to look for another webhost, or go for a more dedicated webhost account, otherwise you'll loose a lot of business!
Thanks!
Yes A2hosting has been having loads of issues with the servers in Amsterdam: https://a2status.com/
Already in dialouge with them, if they can`t figure this out fast I`m opting to move to a different host.

Soulliving is an Norwegian webshop for korean skincare products - Setup in OpenCart 3.0.8..0 with Journal 3 theme

Post by zimcos » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:24 pm

From where or how can you install optipng and/or jpegoptim and/or cwebp GD?
I do run the OC 3.0.3.2

Post by Majnoon » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:49 pm

You may want to update the journal theme to 3.2 rc 54 version. You will be amaze with speed even more.

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:26 pm

This is not a support forum for Journal, for the latter please use their own support.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member