Post by miroslavs » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:08 pm

I spotted some "strange behavior" in the admin and would like to ask what is the point, because I do not understand it.
What happen - in Catalog I select a camera, it price is $98, when select the shipping method, the price change to $80, to this it adds shipping or taxes for $5 and the total is $85.
When go to the Admin->Sales->Orders I can see my order, its total is $85, but when I open the Order details I find this - please see the attached file.
I have described the product with price $98...
Looking below, under the comments I spotted a strange table without title or note and there I see my real price $80 + $5 = $85, also there is a strange Confirm button.

Can someone help me to understand the logic of this?
Regards!

Attachments

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG (30.96 KiB) Viewed 5377 times

Last edited by miroslavs on Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:56 pm

It would be helpful to post your OpenCart version. Do you have Display Prices With Tax on in the settings? If so it looks like the price includes the 20% VAT tax and $2 eco tax. However, you would expect this to show in the totals.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by miroslavs » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:11 pm

Hi,
I am with version 4.0.1.1, didn't touch taxes. Set lower price for two of the test products. When do my test Orders I use Bulgarian address.
I understand OC put some VAT and other taxes with its own logic. I do not care of it until I can get the correct amounts from the Order Details. But just want to know about mentioned tables.
Actually first time I spotted this was when implemented my Refund logic. In this case I insert a row for each refund and the calculations where wrong. Please see at the attached screenshot.
I just want to know is the different price into the first table bug or feature, I do not understand?

Regards!

Attachments

Capture2.PNG

Capture2.PNG (39.42 KiB) Viewed 3091 times

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:23 am

It's hard to say if it's a bug or feature without knowing all the settings you have.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by miroslavs » Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:04 pm

I made clean install. Just added admin user, nothing else was changed in entire OC.
Went to the Catalog, selected the Canon camera. Used Guest checkout with Bulgarian shipping address and flat rate delivery for $5. The Order total was changed from $98 to $85.
Same result - into the Orders list my order total is $85, into the Order details page in the beginning I see product table with price $98 and under the Comments section I see the second table with the correct total - $85.

So why there are two tables with the default/base price and the actual price?
At least let someone tell me is this normal?
Regards!

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:16 am

The catalogue is correct dropping to $80 when you select Bulgarian. As the default settings only have United Kingdom tax.

The admin order view looks like a bug. It shouldn't show the product price as $98 as there in no tax set up for Bulgarian.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by miroslavs » Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:58 pm

Thanks!

I will keep the current logic and state of my plugin and will wait for new version with fixes.

Regards!

Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 28, 2022 8:58 pm

miroslavs wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 1:58 pm
Thanks!

I will keep the current logic and state of my plugin and will wait for new version with fixes.

Regards!
Now that the issue has been solved, please add: [SOLVED] at the beginning of the subject line on your first post.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by ADD Creative » Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 pm

Will probably need someone to raise the issue on GitHub.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by miroslavs » Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:30 pm

ADD Creative wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 7:26 pm
Will probably need someone to raise the issue on GitHub.
I am not sure how to do it, so if there is someone who know, let's do it, please!

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:00 pm

It looks like an issue has already been raised. I have added a link to this topic as an example.
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/11863

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by ismailkho » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:02 am

Actually, I also suffer from the same problem, thanks for the answers.

Attempts to build a website for downloading mobile applications SigmaLoad