Post by rmgregory » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:27 am

First, when attempting to download the recommended PayPal Checkout Integration Module via the link on the Extensions page, OpenCart returns the message "Signature hash does not match!"

Second, after manually downloading and installing the PayPal v4.0.0 extension, the PayPal popup appears as expected. After successfully completing the PayPal dialog, the popup window remains on screen (but can be manually closed). An attempt thereafter to save the enabled module results in logged errors, the modified module data is not saved, and the PayPal module remains disabled. The errors logged are as follows, with the leading portion of each filename redacted:

2022-11-14 10:15:53 - PHP Warning: Undefined array key "message"
File: /[redacted]/public_html/shop/extension/paypal/admin/controller/payment/paypal.php
Line: 393

File: /[redacted]/public_html/shop/extension/paypal/admin/controller/payment/paypal.php
Line: 396

2022-11-14 10:15:53 - TypeError: Opencart\Admin\Model\Extension\PayPal\Payment\PayPal::log(): Argument #2 ($title) must be of type string, null given
File: /[redacted]/public_html/shop/extension/paypal/admin/model/payment/paypal.php
Line: 22

Is there a workaround to either issue?

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:12 am

rmgregory wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:27 am
First, when attempting to download the recommended PayPal Checkout Integration Module via the link on the Extensions page, OpenCart returns the message "Signature hash does not match!"

Second, after manually downloading and installing the PayPal v4.0.0 extension, the PayPal popup appears as expected. After successfully completing the PayPal dialog, the popup window remains on screen (but can be manually closed). An attempt thereafter to save the enabled module results in logged errors, the modified module data is not saved, and the PayPal module remains disabled. The errors logged are as follows, with the leading portion of each filename redacted:

Line: 393

Line: 396

2022-11-14 10:15:53 - TypeError: Opencart\Admin\Model\Extension\PayPal\Payment\PayPal::log(): Argument #2 ($title) must be of type string, null given
File: /[redacted]/public_html/shop/extension/paypal/admin/model/payment/paypal.php
Line: 22

Is there a workaround to either issue?
Contact the extension developer from the extension page in regard to this issue.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rmgregory » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:17 am

The reply "Contact the extension developer from the extension page in regard to this issue" is somewhat helpful; however, I will note that the "PayPal Checkout Integration" extension is an extension recommended in the default OpenCart installation, so it would seem that the issue would be of general interest to the community at large.

Rhetorically, one might ask why the OpenCart core would, by default, suggest installation of that which itself cannot successfully install.

Post by by mona » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:36 am

whilst you are correct that it may be of help to the community - the reply to that would be let us know when you resolve it ..

We are independent - we have no affiliation with Opencart - it is always the first port of call to contact the developer for a number of reasons - two main ones in my opinion ..
1. it is easier for them as they know their work
2. if it requires fixing they are the ones to fix it

The second port of call is google - adding the word opencart to the search - this will search the web for any answers as well as the forum

Besides which no OC version - no extensions - no theme .. we can not help

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:03 am

rmgregory wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:17 am
The reply "Contact the extension developer from the extension page in regard to this issue" is somewhat helpful; however, I will note that the "PayPal Checkout Integration" extension is an extension recommended in the default OpenCart installation, so it would seem that the issue would be of general interest to the community at large.

Rhetorically, one might ask why the OpenCart core would, by default, suggest installation of that which itself cannot successfully install.
Of course, theoretically - while everybody has their right to their own notes, the reality note to take here is to always use the most up-to-date and stable platform version that is provided officially by Opencart as also for the extension versions that are involved from the Marketplace based on past issues that were encountered as they both may contain solutions that previous releases may not have. This is where the interest to the community at large is already brought.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by rmgregory » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:46 am

I agree absolutely with both of the terse comments above! Please forgive my novice behavior -- I am certainly not as skilled as either of the previous commenters!

For reference, I am using OpenCart 4.0.1.1 and am using the link embedded within it to a recommended feature and this messages is posted to the "Extensions Support" section of the forum, as the link to the extension is embedded in the OpenCart core. I believe that, as suggested I am using "the most up-to-date and stable platform version that is provided officially by Opencart," as it was downloaded from OpenCart using a link beneath text saying that it was the most up-to-date and stable version. Further, as mentioned in my original post, I am using the most up-to-date version of the extension itself.

As suggested, I will certainly let the community know when the link embedded in the OpenCart v4.0.1.1 Extensions dialog to the "recommended" "PayPal Checkout Integration" module produces a viable result. In the interim, I continue to suggest the the OpenCart core not recommend that which does not function.

Perhaps the foregoing clarifications -- which are merely reiterations of my original message -- will lead to productive replies. To aid in Google searches, I will certainly cross-post this message.

Post by by mona » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:12 pm

OC 4 is not recommended for production sites as yet - If you are using it for business use 3.0.3.8

Opencart is not Microsoft - it is a small community and well basically a one man band with quite a lot of help - and it is a free product that has to make money from somewhere - as do we all .. so be a little patient with it

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by teamfunnels » Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:06 am

If version 4 is so buggy, then why even release it? Why not make the improvements to version 3 first?

Post by OSWorX » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:07 pm

teamfunnels wrote:
Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:06 am
If version 4 is so buggy, then why even release it? Why not make the improvements to version 3 first?
Not our decision.
And v.3.0.3.8 (for php 8.x the maintainace branch at GitHub) is the old - but nearly bugfree - version to use.
v.4 will be the next step forward and therefore all development is done on that branch.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Johnathan » Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:31 am

Please send feedback to the OpenCart team, and ask them to hurry up fixing the bugs in 4.0:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... rt/contact

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator