Post by clubplug » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:03 am

Hi Everyone,
Been trying to figure out what is the latest BrainTree version for OpenCart 3?
We use OpenCart Version 3.0.3.2 and currently use the BrainTree that came with the OpenCart installation.

However, I have noticed that on GitHub, that there is a BrainTree version 6.9.1. I am not even sure if that is the latest? If it can be update/used for OpenCart 3.0.3.2?

One last question, if I may, is there a way to know which version of BrainTree is being used on our current install? What I mean, if we installed and use OpenCart version 3.0.3.2 and the BrainTree is the one that comes with the install, how can we find the version of Braintree? Is there a file in the folder that would tell us??

Tried looking for answers on the Net, but just cannot find it.

Thank you in advance.
Frank V

Post by Johnathan » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:01 am

The PHP SDK version included in the OpenCart 3.0 Braintree extension is version 3.40.0. You can find this at the top of this file:

/storage/vendor/braintree/braintree_php/lib/Braintree/Version.php

That SDK is outdated, and will have issues with 3D Secure 2.0 payments as of this month (October 2022). As far as I know, there's no updated version available in the opencart.com marketplace. I'm not sure if it has been discontinued, or is being worked on, but given the slow progress of OpenCart 4.0 I wouldn't expect a fix for that SDK any time soon.

I know you already contacted me via e-mail, but I'll leave this explanation for anyone else that finds this topic:

I believe my Braintree extensions are the only ones that use a current Braintree SDK. I try to update the SDK every year or so, so it remains recent enough to avoid any issues. My extensions do require a Braintree "direct" account (not a PayPal account) because they use API keys, so you'll need to make sure you have an actual Braintree account. You can find my extensions here:

• Braintree Payment Gateway
• Braintree Payment Gateway Pro

Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any questions.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator