Post by Ctsimpos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:24 pm

I have a clothing site with OC 2.0.3.1 and Journal theme installed. I have created an option for different size clothing and it works fine. However when I setup the options (sizes) to appear as a filter on the left of the screen the results aren't correct. The functionality is fine I.e. Radio buttons appear on the left allowing the user to select different options (sizes) yet when one selects a size the results include products that do not have availability in that size. As an example a product has a S and M size but has ran out of L, unfortunately the product will still appear when the user filters for L. So basically if a product has existed in a size L and then quantity was set to 0 it still appears when filtering for products size L

Any ideas how to deal with this?

Much appreciate your help in advance

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:32 pm

It might be that filters don't work with stock levels of product options - perhaps you can check this on the Journal page that describes the features of their filters?

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Ctsimpos » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:39 pm

Had a look at their documentation there seems to be no mention of it.

Has anyone else come across it?

Post by medvi » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:58 am

If you have any questions or want solutions to your problems, please email: support@medvicompany.ro

Location - Bucuresti

Post by malam » Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:58 pm

hi, i have the same problem. Any solution?

Post by by mona » Fri Oct 21, 2022 12:21 am

Is this just spam?

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Oct 21, 2022 1:15 am

malam wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 11:58 pm
hi, i have the same problem. Any solution?
Yes, don't use the Journal framework. Use OpenCart, it's built-in filter module works just fine.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by malam » Fri Oct 21, 2022 11:07 pm

I have OC 2.0.3.1 and Journal 2. How can I do that with OC, without journal? The other filters work fine, only with size filter i have problem.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Oct 22, 2022 12:04 am

First be aware that a website using the Journal3 framework is 75% non-OpenCart because Journal3 is not a proper web theme, and its extensions don't fully follow the OpenCart standards, hence it's not supported on the OpenCart forum.

As regards filters in OpenCart: Basically, you define them in Catalog > Filters, as filter groups and filter values, and then use them in categories and products in their respective Catalog > Products and Catalog > Categories edits. Then enable the Filter module and use the latter in various design layouts at Design > Layouts.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by malam » Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:04 pm

I will try it, thank you! Although passing the filter on the products is very difficult, we have many products.

Post by JNeuhoff » Sat Oct 22, 2022 6:26 pm

You can use the Export/Import tool to define filters and then to use them in your categories and products.

Guru Member