Post by info@jrvsystem.se » Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:16 pm

We are just about to relaunch our webshop with opencart. But I have an issue with the checkout that is a bit urgent and maybe someone could help med.

We have tried the free version of AJAX Quick Checkout and liked it. So we bought the PRO version with a bit more flexibility.
But for some reson, the first time loading the checkout some people get stuck on loading screen.
This has happen in all major browsers and devices for some testers, but not all testers get this problem. If you hit ctrl+F5(recache) the problem disappears and can not be reproduced at that computer/device.. but new browser can get the same error(?)
Looks like this exact same thing happens all the time in Internet Explorer(not edge).

This problem did not happen with the free version(different loading script if that would be a clue).

I have contacted the developer. And they say they are looking into it. But I dont get any followup solution. I have emailed again and get answer that they are looking on it. It has gone almost 2 weeks now, and I need to solve this somehow.

I also feel a bit hesitant to just buy a new similar extension. This is the biggest one on marketplace...
Have thought about trying to code a simple 2 step checkout myself but it would take time as I am only semi good php writer and the checkout is fairly complicated to mod.

Please have a look: https://www.nya.vattenfilterbutik.se/ (this is not the final url, this is for dev.)

Post by ADD Creative » Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:55 pm

Could be this issue. https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues/7008

This is particularly problematic for Internet Explorer 11 (note: not Edge in emulation mode) which aggressively caches responses from ajax GET requests.

You may be able to test by using your web browser's developer tool to disable the cache.

The easiest way to fix the lack of cache control headers issue is by making the following change to the framework.

In system/framework.php find the following line at around line 74.

Code: Select all

$response->addHeader('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');
After that line add the following.

Code: Select all

header('Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT', true);
header('Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0', true);
header('Pragma: no-cache', true);
Note using header() rather than $response->addHeader() as the later doesn't apply to redirects. I've noticed recently that Firefox aggressively caches redirects, which can lead to some strange issues.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom