Post by miketrotta@gmail.com » Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:25 am

V 3.0.3.8
The reason for this is....
I am building out a true multi-store/multi-owner system.
So far I can see that there are 2 different configurations ADMIN.PHP and CATALOG.PHP. I am not great at using XDEBUG, so I am having a hard time figuring out where the URL is being replaced when the ADMIN config is being loaded. The CATALOG side keeps the subdomain. I would like to make the ADMIN side keep the subdomain. I'm just trying to pinpoint where OPENCART makes the decision to dump the REQUESTED URL with a redirect.

I don't care about modifying core code if I need to...

I welcome any advice...
Thanks!
V 3.0.3.8

Post by imdevlper18 » Thu Oct 20, 2022 9:17 pm

I think you want to make your subdomain the main admin URL.
In that case, you need to update your admin/config.php
Plus also make database changes to make sub domain as the default store.

Opencart Extensions | Professional opencart support | Support Ticket | support@cartbinder.com

Post by miketrotta@gmail.com » Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:04 am

Thanks for the reply. But because I will have multiple domains I need to go further. I am getting closer. I need to mess around with the config.php and a few other things. somewhere the autoloaders are getting in the way.

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:26 pm

miketrotta@gmail.com wrote:
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:25 am
Im looking for a little help to keep the Subdomain alive while using the Admin panel. V 3.0.3.8
I have literally no idea what you're trying to do or why.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by miketrotta@gmail.com » Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:33 pm

Well... After a day or 2 of chasing my own and opencarts tail... It turns out the best place to force the subdomain persistence is right in the Admin/Config.php... Just check for the existence of incoming domain and set the HTTP_SERVER accordingly.

Now... That being said... I'm fairly new to PHP and frameworks. I am kinda concerned about the fact that this framework runs twice for just about everything. I don't know if any other frameworks do this also, but is seems highly inefficient... It could be an Xdebug issue but I noticed That index.php gets called at least 2 times per action.