Post by sarwaralam.ini » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:16 pm

Looking for secure and good way for upgrading my old OpenCart 1.5.6 store to latest version. Is there any way to do that? Thank You

Post by straightlight » Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:29 pm

sarwaralam.ini wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:16 pm
Looking for secure and good way for upgrading my old OpenCart 1.5.6 store to latest version. Is there any way to do that? Thank You
The most secured way to do it is either by using an extension from the Marketplace, a service or by creating a service request in the Commercial Support section of the forum, and by upgrading your extensions licenses which means NOT importing old extensions to your upgraded stores. In addition, to upgrade your PHP version to v7.4x versions afterwards before officially running your store. Most importantly, make a full backup of your files and database before you try anything!

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:21 pm

Well, better don't expect anything from your Installation to further be of any use, so, leave your existing v.1.5.6.x Installation as it is, and install a 'latest' Version OC in another directory as well as create it's own new Database. And be aware of the known Fact, that 'latest' OC Versions usually still contain a range of Bugs and Misses, as you can find out easy, by checking the postings, made in this Forum. Personally, I would select one of the 'privately' updated OC Versions, either a v.2.3.x or then a v.3.x, to at least having something already working to play around with. And also be aware of the Fact, that your existing Database Content needs to be updated / implemented into the new DB as well, to work with later Versions as planned. I have some of those OC Versions in my Github Repositories, just to have it mentioned also.
Good Luck !
https://github.com/IP-CAM

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland