Post by rgfuelcells » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:03 am

We have a search bar on our website where when users enter a search in the search bar there is a dropdown menu that shows a few suggestions right below the search bar, and if a user clicks on one of these suggestions then the user would be taken to the product page. Now there is a bug where if a user uses the autocomplete suggestions from the search bar to get to a product's page then that product's page has an issue where the price of the product will not change when the user clicks on a dropdown that should change the price like the size.

However, if one of our users gets to the product page of a product from anywhere else in our site then there are no issues with that product's detail page. For example if they go to a product from the category page then that product page's dropdowns like the size will change the price. For example on a shirt's page the price element will show as "From 19.99" at first. Then if a user clicks on the dropdown to see a medium size shirt then the price will say "$24.99". And if they choose large, it'll say "$29.99".

On our issue the little price tag icon shows as "From $19.99" no matter what they choose on the dropdown for the size if the user hot to the product from the search bar's suggestions.

I don't know if our team changed anything on the website that would affect with how the search bar works but we are on version 1.5.6.4. I'm not sure if I would have to edit the Javascript or PHP but I don't know how to run the website as is from the server in my local testing environment.

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:54 pm

rgfuelcells wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:03 am
We have a search bar on our website where when users enter a search in the search bar there is a dropdown menu that shows a few suggestions right below the search bar
contact the extension developer to resolve.
rgfuelcells wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:03 am
I don't know if our team changed anything on the website that would affect with how the search bar works but we are on version 1.5.6.4.
No-one here is able to know what your website is or the changes that you have made. Stands to reason if you and your team can not tell you and they can see the system.
You are asking for us to blindly know not only what extension you have, but how it is written, other extensions / themes that might effect it as well as changes that someone made who is unsure what those changes were ??

You will have to request commercial support if your team can not put back what they changed.
viewforum.php?f=88

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member