Post by barells » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 am

For some reason, I am not able to upload product images.

I receive the following javascript error message, after I choose upload, and select an image:

Warning: "File could not be uploading for an unknown reason."

Any help here please?

Post by pedma » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:42 am

barells wrote:For some reason, I am not able to upload product images.

I receive the following javascript error message, after I choose upload, and select an image:

Any help here please?
Have you checked the directory permission? In Unix based: chmod 777 ~yourname/public_html/image & download
Or you can also chmod 751 if you're the apache's daemon user. Or chmod 751 & chown nobody:nobody to that directory, if you have the ROOT access. Assumed 'nobody' is the daemon user of Apache.

Thanks.
- pedma -

Post by barells » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 am

pedma wrote: Have you checked the directory permission? In Unix based: chmod 777 ~yourname/public_html/image & download
Or you can also chmod 751 if you're the apache's daemon user. Or chmod 751 & chown nobody:nobody to that directory, if you have the ROOT access. Assumed 'nobody' is the daemon user of Apache.

Thanks.
- pedma -

Still a no go unfortunately, after doing a chmod 777.

Any other ideas here?

I am using the latest 1.4.8b. I have had this problem on 1.4.6, and that is the reason I upgraded to see if the problem would be fixed. Unfortunately it has not.

Post by pedma » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:40 am

barells wrote:
pedma wrote: Have you checked the directory permission? In Unix based: chmod 777 ~yourname/public_html/image & download

Thanks.
- pedma -

Any other ideas here?

I am using the latest 1.4.8b. I have had this problem on 1.4.6, and that is the reason I upgraded to see if the problem would be fixed. Unfortunately it has not.
Is there a .htaccess file ? May be this file is not World readable (ex. 640). It must be 644.
Please check it.

- pedma -

Post by barells » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:01 pm

pedma wrote:
barells wrote:

Thanks.
- pedma -

Any other ideas here?

Is there a .htaccess file ? May be this file is not World readable (ex. 640). It must be 644.
Please check it.

- pedma -

No, I do not have a .htaccess in the /image directory. I have one in the /store root directory, and this is world readable. Any other help please... This really stinks, not to be able to upload new products.

Post by Uyghurmen » Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:05 am

I want to know about Upload images that: via FTP to Dir directly or USING Admin panel image manager UPLOAD tab?
If last one, all images' dimension changed to same: 100x100
Sincerely
barells wrote:For some reason, I am not able to upload product images.

Any help here please?

Post by barells » Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:50 am

i will pay someone to go into my server and check this out... to try to fix... No one seems to know why i can't upload new product images.

Anyone available?

Post by pedma » Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:57 am

barells wrote:i will pay someone to go into my server and check this out... to try to fix... No one seems to know why i can't upload new product images.

Anyone available?
Have you check how many space left on your server ?

Thanks.
- pedma -

Post by barells » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:50 am

plenty of space on my server.

Post by barells » Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:54 am

can someone please help me here... does anyone want to make some money to please check out why I cannot upload images to new products? This is hurting my business.

Post by TonyHolmes » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:53 pm

I just figured out why sometime my images would upload, and others not. The error messages were not always consistent, but I finally got enough of them to figure it out.

Images must be < 300kb, must not have either dimension > 1000 pixels, and the one that really ate my lunch, the file names must not have any non-standard characters. I had images named like "shirt #1.jpg", and the '#' was killing it. Rename to "shirt1.jpg" and they work fine.

I won't ever get those 2 hours back, but it's fixed...

Tony

Post by clinton4 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Did you figure this out? I got the same problem after upgrading to latest version.

Spam blocking PHP script, use it!

Post by amasenter » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:38 am

I cannot upload images and use them at ALL. Anytime I do, the Image Manager refuses to see the contents of the folder they are in - the images are still there, but it will simply show nothing for that folder. It doesn't matter if the images are JPG, TIF, or PNG. It doesn't matter if I upload the images via Image Manager, FTP, or web control panel. It doesn't matter if I process the images through Photoshop or PSP7. No matter what I do, uploading any image results in complete failure of the image manager to show any images at all in any folder I add images to. Deleting the new images makes Image Manager work normally again. The only non-demo images that work were all ones I uploaded a few weeks ago, and those work regardless of format. Can you help please.

Post by rrmm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:48 pm

amasenter wrote:I cannot upload images and use them at ALL. Anytime I do, the Image Manager refuses to see the contents of the folder they are in - the images are still there, but it will simply show nothing for that folder. It doesn't matter if the images are JPG, TIF, or PNG. It doesn't matter if I upload the images via Image Manager, FTP, or web control panel. It doesn't matter if I process the images through Photoshop or PSP7. No matter what I do, uploading any image results in complete failure of the image manager to show any images at all in any folder I add images to. Deleting the new images makes Image Manager work normally again. The only non-demo images that work were all ones I uploaded a few weeks ago, and those work regardless of format. Can you help please.
Hello,
what host are you using?

CHMOD the "/image/data/" folder and files inside to 777 should help

Post by wansaif » Thu May 17, 2012 2:22 am

Also got the same problem

Warning: File could not be uploaded for an unknown reason!

anyone know about this?

Post by yudh1z » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm facing the same problem. Before everything works perfectly, but after a while (i started add google analytic plug in, put some adsense) i can't upload images for my new product. Tried all the solution above (change permission to 777 in specified folder, delete/rename cache folder) nothing works. But after i turn the error log on, i found out that there are some error while running the filemanager.php in the \admin\controller\common folder. So after googling, found out that i need to add below script "@chmod($directory . '/' . basename($this->request->files['image']['name']), 0644);" before the error line. Now the upload runs normal on the new folder (I still can't upload to existing folder), but at least i still can upload new product picture for my site.

Post by rahuljaiswal1808 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:30 am

Use FTP to upload and then link from there.

Post by yasar » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:00 am

If image size is very big it will be happen , choose a below size 300kb image

Post by imtiaz » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:21 pm

I was facing the same issue then I increased memory and other files size " multiPHP INI Editer " issue was sort out.