Post by amitn » Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Hi,

I have domain name register with GoDaddy.com. I read a lot about GoDaddy & OpenCart problem on this forum.
Can anybody suggest me how Arvixe is for hosting? or is there any other good hosting service provider for OpenCart?
Will there be any problem if I have domain with GoDaddy & hosted somewhere else?

Please guide me.

Thanks
Amit

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:32 pm

Well we wouldn't put a banner on the forum pages if they weren't good for OpenCart hosting, would we?

Administrator

Post by fido-x » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 pm

amitn wrote:Will there be any problem if I have domain with GoDaddy & hosted somewhere else?
There shouldn't be any problems with having your domain name and web hosting with different providers. I do it all the time! ;D

Modules for OpenCart 2.3.0.2
Homepage Module [Free - since OpenCart 0.7.7]
Multistore Extensions
Store Manager Multi-Vendor/Multi-Store management tool

If you're not living on the edge ... you're taking up too much space!

Expert Member

Location - Tasmania, Australia

Post by Xsecrets » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:14 pm

fido-x wrote:
amitn wrote:Will there be any problem if I have domain with GoDaddy & hosted somewhere else?
There shouldn't be any problems with having your domain name and web hosting with different providers. I do it all the time! ;D
I second this. All my domains names are with godaddy (they are really good at this their core first business), but I would never host anything on their servers it's one of the worst hosting environments I've ever had to deal with.

OpenCart commercial mods and development http://spotonsolutions.net
Layered Navigation
Shipment Tracking
Vehicle Year/Make/Model Filter

Guru Member

Location - FL US

Post by Qphoria » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Although godaddy's checkout process is atrocious and their managing software is the slowest and most unintuitive in the business, they do have a longevity that I found was good for long running domain registry, so I use them for all my domains too. I used to use another company that went under so it was hell trying to maintain my domains there. I don't want to have to go through that again with some fly-by-night company so I chose godaddy for domains... and ONLY domains.

Administrator

Post by JAY6390 » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:44 am

Couldn't agree more, they're (godaddy) who I use for all of my .com domains, and although I've not experienced their hosting myself, I've never heard one good word about them when it comes to hosting

Guru Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by tabletpcsuperstore » Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:03 am

arvixe is amazing. i was actually shocked at the level of service i got from those guys during the set up. always online for instant support. waiting for the catch really... 10/10 so far.

Post by amitn » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:12 pm

Guys, thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.
Amit

Post by Qphoria » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:43 pm

I just helped someone install their cart to arvixe as well. Very speedy servers

Administrator

Post by amitn » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:30 pm

Hi Qphoria,

I have taken hosting service from HostGator. It is very nice.

Thanks
Amit

Post by John7 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:10 am

I moved from 1and1 to Arvixe and they are a million times better. 1and1 are the worst webhost i used avoid the like the plague.