Post by MikeBNZ » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:05 pm

I m running Opencart 3.0.3.2. Can some clever person tell me where and what file displays the check out page and pulls the payment and shipping options etc.

I have managed to change the text on most of my payment options to suit but there is one that I simply cannot find in the usual language based files. I suspect it is pulling the payment description from the suppliers own site instead of my local language based file.

I want to take a look at the actual cart file to see if I can see where it may be pulling this description from so I can edit it. I also want to add an icon to the description like I have next to the Bank Transfer and Credit Card options.

Post by straightlight » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:11 pm

MikeBNZ wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:05 pm
I m running Opencart 3.0.3.2. Can some clever person tell me where and what file displays the check out page and pulls the payment and shipping options etc.

I have managed to change the text on most of my payment options to suit but there is one that I simply cannot find in the usual language based files. I suspect it is pulling the payment description from the suppliers own site instead of my local language based file.

I want to take a look at the actual cart file to see if I can see where it may be pulling this description from so I can edit it. I also want to add an icon to the description like I have next to the Bank Transfer and Credit Card options.
Use Grepwin (if using Windows) to search for lines of text. It's free, fast and reliable to find the text queries that you want.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by MikeBNZ » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:16 pm

Thanks for that response. I am guessing I would need the entire site stored locally for this to work right? My site is not stored locally, it is hosted. The site is quite large so I am trying to avoid having to download all files

Post by sw!tch » Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:08 pm

If your web host provides you with shell access then you should be able run grep from console, however I suggest you research its usage first.

Payment description you are looking for is probably stored in the language file for the payment gateway. (ex: language/en-gb/extension/payment/bank_transfer.php )

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by MikeBNZ » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:43 am

Thank you for your response. Yes, this is the English (in my case) text but what I am trying to locate is the file that pulls this information for display. It is the file that actually displays the entire checkout screen including all payment options, shipping options etc. I am not a programmer so excuse my attempts at describing this. I guess it is the file that pulls that English text and displays it if that makes sense.

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:01 am

Do you mean the final screen of order confirmation
If so you might be looking for this if I understand correctly

/catalog/controller/checkout/confirm.php

Location - Wales

Post by mikeinterserv » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:14 am

straightlight wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:11 pm
Use Grepwin (if using Windows) to search for lines of text. It's free, fast and reliable to find the text queries that you want.
OR

Windows
findstr /s /i /m /C: "string to find" *.*
from the command prompt

Linux
grep -iRl "string to find" /your/path/to/search

Location - Wales

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:41 pm

The site is quite large so I am trying to avoid having to download all files
Well, but what will happen, if, for what reason ever, your Site breaks down, and you
have no local Copy, to re-upload it again ? ??? :crazy:

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland