Post by nandatox » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:39 am

I deployed new ubuntu server for Opencart using ngnix webserver. I have completed all the configuration and when I try to load the install page it redirect to the upgrade page. I have deleted existing source and pulled again from git source but same problem exists.

Please advise. Thanks

Regards,
Raj

Post by OSWorX » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 am

As always (!!!), post your OpenCart Version.
Is that so hard to understand?

Never mind, this behaviour is, when the config.php has already entries in it.
Normally when the shop is installed.
But - see 2nd line above ! - in 1 published package are old entries.
Remove them, and it will work.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:37 am

Ensure to make a backup of your config.php and admin/config.php files as well as your .htaccess file prior to make a new installation in case you were to install another store in the same environment as a previous one might originally be. This behavior can also occur because you're attempting to run a new installation over the same storage folder where it might currently be located outside of your public_html folder. Take note that when, either, running a new installation or an upgrade process from any stores, your storage folder must be located inside of your public_html folder and stored as the original name folder that the main installation / upgrade would detect out-of-the-box so that other stores using the stored cache won't be conflicted by the new store's installation / upgrade process.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by nandatox » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:50 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:47 am
As always (!!!), post your OpenCart Version.
Is that so hard to understand?

Never mind, this behaviour is, when the config.php has already entries in it.
Normally when the shop is installed.
But - see 2nd line above ! - in 1 published package are old entries.
Remove them, and it will work.
Thank you for your reply.

Opencart version
/index.php
//define('VERSION', '4.0.0.0_b');
define('VERSION', '3.0.3.2');

There is no entries (0 lines) in both /upload path and /admin path config.php file

I directly pulled this source from git, couldn't identify the issue, please help.

Thanks,
Raj

Post by nandatox » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:55 pm

straightlight wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:37 am
Ensure to make a backup of your config.php and admin/config.php files as well as your .htaccess file prior to make a new installation in case you were to install another store in the same environment as a previous one might originally be. This behavior can also occur because you're attempting to run a new installation over the same storage folder where it might currently be located outside of your public_html folder. Take note that when, either, running a new installation or an upgrade process from any stores, your storage folder must be located inside of your public_html folder and stored as the original name folder that the main installation / upgrade would detect out-of-the-box so that other stores using the stored cache won't be conflicted by the new store's installation / upgrade process.

Thank you for your input but this is fresh server and I attempting installation first time in this server. Config.php files are empty, don't know what happened during installation.

Thanks,
Raj

Post by pprmkr » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:49 pm

Github is not public release, it may change at any time.
Download Opencart 3.0.3.6 here!

Location - Netherlands

Post by nandatox » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm

pprmkr wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:49 pm
Github is not public release, it may change at any time.
Download Opencart 3.0.3.6 here!
I downloaded from Opencart website, I am able to see the installation page. Thank you all for your support.

Now I am stuck with another issue which is change of storage folder, I created one folder in /var and mentioned the path but I get lot of errors.
Its about the folder permission I guess but not sure how to provide permission without any compromise in security.

Thanks,
Raj

Attachments

opencart_storage_error.JPG

opencart_storage_error.JPG (30.84 KiB) Viewed 3367 times

Post by khnaz35 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:16 pm

nandatox wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm
Now I am stuck with another issue which is change of storage folder, I created one folder in /var and mentioned the path but I get lot of errors.
Its about the folder permission I guess but not sure how to provide permission without any compromise in security.
Move the folder out of Public_html and set the permissions to 755 should resolve your issue.

Urgent Questions shoot here: khnaz35@gmail.com
Enjoy nature ;) :) :-*

Location - Malaysia

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:16 pm

Chmod 644 all files
Chmod 755 all folders

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by nandatox » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:31 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:16 pm
nandatox wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:10 pm
Move the folder out of Public_html and set the permissions to 755 should resolve your issue.
I created a folder under /var and provided 755 permission but still the problem exists. (I am using ubuntu OS)

Am I doing it correctly ?

Regards,
Raj
Last edited by nandatox on Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by khnaz35 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm

nandatox wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:31 pm
I created a folder under /var and provided 755 permission but still the problem exists. (I am using ubuntu OS)

Am I doing rightly ?

Regards,
Raj
How about your subfolders ? Do you have the same permissions? Looking at your error its look like regarding the mail folder

See this if it helps you to rest the permissions
http://sysadminnotebook.blogspot.com/20 ... ns-to.html

Location - Malaysia

Post by nandatox » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:37 pm
nandatox wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:31 pm

Am I doing rightly ?

Regards,
Raj
How about your subfolders ? Do you have the same permissions? Looking at your error its look like regarding the mail folder

See this if it helps you to rest the permissions
http://sysadminnotebook.blogspot.com/20 ... ns-to.html
Hi,

Thank you very much !! Instead of doing it automatically moving , I did it manually now issue resolved. As well your permission idea applied and works that well too.

Thanks,
Raj

Post by khnaz35 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm

nandatox wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 pm
Hi,

Thank you very much !! Instead of doing it automatically moving , I did it manually now issue resolved. As well your permission idea applied and works that well too.

Thanks,
Raj
Great! If it resolved your issues you can add word [SOLVED] in the beginning of post title

Location - Malaysia

Post by nandatox » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:02 pm

khnaz35 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:51 pm
nandatox wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:49 pm
Hi,

Thanks,
Raj
Great! If it resolved your issues you can add word [SOLVED] in the beginning of post title
I mentioned solved in the title, I have other couple of other issue which i will create in new thread.

Thanks,
Raj