Post by 3PO2017 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:38 pm

OC 3.0.3.2 SMTP not working. fresh install. tried with all possible settings from 3 different email servers all show internal error on the checkout page when try to place an order.

PHP 7.2

Php mail function is working fine.

Possible combination tired from Cpanel , cyber panel and Main-in-a-box server. the same setting was working fine on oc 3.0.2

Server: domain.com
Username: cs@domain.com
pass: correct password used
Port: 465
Timeout: 5
---
Port: 587

Server: tsl://domain.com

Username: ssl://cs@domain.com

Post by letxobnav » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:09 pm

you are assuming that this is mail related because?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by 3PO2017 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:24 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:09 pm
you are assuming that this is mail related because?
Because it works fine when mail option is selected under settings but not when SMTP is selected.
I also tried it on another server with oc 3.0.3.2 same issue and sometimes shows something like EHLO not accepted from server

Post by letxobnav » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:33 pm

did you try port 25 ?
and you username is really cs@domain.com? not just cs?

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by 3PO2017 » Sun Jan 05, 2020 11:57 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:33 pm
did you try port 25 ?
and you username is really cs@domain.com? not just cs?
yes tried 25, 443, 465 587 all same issue.
email is an example.
The settings work fine with mobile and computer email app also tried it with oc 3.1 and it works with it but not working with oc3.0.3.2

Post by straightlight » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:26 am

Assuming you have properly configured your admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings - > mail tab's email settings and route permissions in OC v3.0.3.2 release and you claim that it does work with OC v3.1 with the same configurations, also ensure that your admin - > extensions - > events page has at least 39 events listed in and active. Lastly, to replace your system/library/mail.php file from v3.1 into v3.0.3.2 release and clear your cache to confirm the results: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=200804#p718325

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by FilthyParrot » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:54 pm

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:26 am
Assuming you have properly configured your admin - > systems - > settings - > edit settings - > mail tab's email settings and route permissions in OC v3.0.3.2 release and you claim that it does work with OC v3.1 with the same configurations, also ensure that your admin - > extensions - > events page has at least 39 events listed in and active. Lastly, MyKFCExperience to replace your system/library/mail.php file from v3.1 into v3.0.3.2 release and clear your cache to confirm the results:
Thanks for the great feedback.

Post by elsienova006 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:38 pm

I think is because the incomplete upgrade last time that caused database oc_event empty, which make those scripts fail being triggered. I've fixed it after re-insert data copying from the install folder. Btw, is it safe to run the upgrade file again, even my OC is 3.0.2? Will it reset and erase my database?

Post by straightlight » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:19 pm

elsienova006 wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:38 pm
I think is because the incomplete upgrade last time that caused database oc_event empty, which make those scripts fail being triggered. I've fixed it after re-insert data copying from the install folder. Btw, is it safe to run the upgrade file again, even my OC is 3.0.2? Will it reset and erase my database?
It is not safe to re-run the upgrade after a failed attempt unless the database being fixed manually prior to re-run the upgrade for the database on the same version you intend to upgrade to. However, it is safe to run the upgrade again to a higher version than what you used to run the upgrade from a previous version, again, as long as the database is flexible to upgrade and this includes the length of time from your browser to complete its operation before the action expires due to the database size.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by labeshops » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:08 am

I finally got it to work with port 26 but smtp settings definitely seem flakey.

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by letxobnav » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:12 am

smtp settings are not flaky, OC default mail classes are not to-notch as they were simply copied from the internet years ago but if port 26 works for you, your mail server/host is flaky.

you see, the fact that port 26 works says it all:
1) your mail server apparently did not bother to deploy tls or ssl mail, assuming you tried that route
2) they know, as everybody, that standard insecure port 25 attracts a lot of spam efforts
3) so instead of deploying one of many anti-spam techniques which take some time and effort, they figure, let's just change the port number
4) instead of using some inspirational free port number, why bother, they just take the next one, 26.
5) surely spammer will never see that coming and will be caught totally off-guard

so flaky but most of all lazy.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by labeshops » Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am

I have been working with my hosts for this issue and it seems an opencart issue (using 3.0.3.2)

I have an SSL certificate and my email works perfectly from outlook using host.mydomain.com and port 993 and customers get the email.

When I try to use the same settings in opencart though (host.mydomain.com), port 993 does NOT work - it triggers an error and will not send.
Port 587 works (at least appears to as it does not trigger an errror) in opencart for TLS email (I think it is), but most of my customers are not getting emails sent that way.

Why does opencart not allow port 993 for SSL sending?

Running Opencart v3.0.3.2 with multi-stores and the default template from https://www.labeshops.com which has links to all my stores.

Expert Member

Location - Florida, USA

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:51 am

letxobnav wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:12 am
smtp settings are not flaky, OC default mail classes are not to-notch as they were simply copied from the internet years ago but if port 26 works for you, your mail server/host is flaky.

you see, the fact that port 26 works says it all:
1) your mail server apparently did not bother to deploy tls or ssl mail, assuming you tried that route
2) they know, as everybody, that standard insecure port 25 attracts a lot of spam efforts
3) so instead of deploying one of many anti-spam techniques which take some time and effort, they figure, let's just change the port number
4) instead of using some inspirational free port number, why bother, they just take the next one, 26.
5) surely spammer will never see that coming and will be caught totally off-guard

so flaky but most of all lazy.
The mail server / host is not flaky. @labeshops website is sending email using SSL / TLS after a little bit of troubleshooting and tweaking of the settings within Opencart.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
2 Week FREE Trial of Astra Firewall and Malware Scanner
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by letxobnav » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:57 am

Yes, I am sure you believe that.
OC setting do not need "tweaking", does not restrict ports, it just needs proper settings and if they still do not work it is poor hosting in 95% of those cases.
Still, If you allow insecure mail on port 25 you are already a dodgy host, if you change that to port 26 to "fool" spammers, you are also lazy.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:28 am

letxobnav wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:57 am
Yes, I am sure you believe that.
OC setting do not need "tweaking", does not restrict ports, it just needs proper settings and if they still do not work it is poor hosting in 95% of those cases.
Still, If you allow insecure mail on port 25 you are already a dodgy host, if you change that to port 26 to "fool" spammers, you are also lazy.
For the record, the customer tried port 26. Not us. I don’t understand why you want to trash talk us or any other hosting company just based on what you’ve read in this post. When I said ‘tweaking’ it referred to changing the credentials entered within Opencart. Calling us lazy is just childish.
I see you were suggesting port 25 back in January of this year. Odd. Port 25 and 26 are always non secure no matter what. Only ports 465 or 587 are secure SMTP ports.

2 Week FREE Trial of our Shared Hosting plans (DIrectAdmin or cPanel) for new customers
Visit our website for full details and to start your trial today - www.evolvewebhost.com

Post by letxobnav » Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:15 pm

For the record, the customer tried port 26. Not us.
That is not the point, you opened it and listen to it for no other reason but to replace port 25.
I see you were suggesting port 25 back in January of this year. Odd. Port 25 and 26 are always non secure no matter what.
Correct, if that is all the host opens and listens to there is little alternative, that does not make that host credible, on the contrary.

and I am not bashing you as a host, I am sure you are a wonderful host, just not on the mail part.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:20 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:15 pm
That is not the point, you opened it and listen to it for no other reason but to replace port 25.

By default, there are a set of ports open to listen to 25, 26, 465 and 587. If someone enters the value 25 or 26 into their website, of course it's going to be listened to. A web server can't just say 'oh, the person entered port 25 or 26 so we'll automatically shift this to 465 or 587'. The end user has to enter the right port.

I really don't get why you carry on the way that you do. Every web hosting company operates the same in this regard and it's standard default configuration from WHM / cPanel.

Post by EvolveWebHosting » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:21 pm

By default, there are a set of ports open to listen to 25, 26, 465 and 587. If someone enters the value 25 or 26 into their website, of course it's going to be listened to. A web server can't just say 'oh, the person entered port 25 or 26 so we'll automatically shift this to 465 or 587'. The end user has to enter the right port.

I really don't get why you carry on the way that you do. Every web hosting company operates the same in this regard and it's standard default configuration from WHM / cPanel.