Post by maier » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:11 pm

hmm it's an interesting discussion ...but doe's it help to solve the problem?

The solution for the 1st question is a update of the file /system/modification.xml from version 1 to version 1.1 which can be found in the repository
https://github.com/kenfai/opencart/blob ... cation.xml

PS. I support the line to keep a system up-to-date because it's cheaper over a long time!

OpenCart Certified-Partner for AT, CH, DE and RU.

Post by MysticKnight » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:58 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:17 pm
And I see no "hostility".
I’m sorry you’re such an angry person, but I will explain In more detail to help you...

Cursing and saying comments by other people are stupid is hostile.

OSWorX wrote:
You are posting here as a "Website Designer" (see signature). In such a "position" you "may" have some influence. And because of that, you should think before you post in a public forum.
Not only do I think first, but I actually read the comments that I’m replying to carefully.

OSWorX wrote:
Writing something useless about "security" shows me, that you do not know OpenCart in general.
My comment about security wasn’t specifically about OpenCart. I didn’t say I know anything about OpenCart.

Before making hostile accusations, you really should read the comments by others more carefully.

I’ll try to help you by being more clear... I was talking about software in general when I was making my comments. As a matter of fact, I don’t know anything about how OpenCart documents their updates.

OSWorX wrote:
Second, such words could be misinterpreted!
Only if someone allows hostility to cloud their judgement or they don’t take the time to carefully read the words that were posted.

OSWorX wrote:
If you can show me 1 "complex" OpenCart update, I will be very surprised!
One more indication of your OpenCart "knowledge".
Again, you don’t seem to understand the simple words that I posted. If I was talking about OpenCart specifically, I would have said so.

So while I know nothing about OpenCart (just like I know nothing about the code for my operating system, Photoshop, Visual Studio Code or any other software that I use), I do indeed know why people can and should update their software even if it’s working.

I was simply sharing that professional knowledge in case someone here finds it helpful.

Bill Elgin
Custom Website Design
www.billelgin.com

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:15 pm

OSWorX wrote:

Finally: if an update is made, the user should read the details and notes (if provided, which is normally not!) - BEFORE!
But who is reading such notes - main thing is that the update "must be made" because it is an update!
And this is the main reason why so many people are here posting and looking for "help".
And if they did read them at the very top of the install file they would find (In a just downloaded 3.0.3.6 from official download page https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/download)

Code: Select all

/////////////////////////////////
///       OpenCart V2.x     ///
///    Install Instructions   ///
///  http://www.opencart.com  ///
/////////////////////////////////

NOTE: THIS IS FOR NEW INSTALL ONLY!
IF UPGRADING YOUR EXISTING CART, BE SURE TO READ THE UPGRADE.TXT FILE INSTEAD
So onto the upgrade file they would find

///////////////////////////////////////
///    OpenCart V1.5.x TO 3.0.x     ///
///      Upgrade Instructions       ///
///     http://www.opencart.com     ///
///////////////////////////////////////

NOTE: THIS IS FOR UPGRADE ON EXISTING INSTALLS ONLY!
IF INSTALLING NEW, BE SURE TO READ THE INSTALL.TXT FILE INSTEAD

##########################################
THIS IS FOR UPGRADING EXISTING OPENCART 1.5.x STORES ONLY
##########################################
Also in the upgrade file is this

12. If you use vQmod (by now everyone should be) you should first check for a new version at http://vQmod.com.
Yet we are told to not use vqmod and to use events ( which there is very little info on these)

So dont you think its about time these files are updated to suit their relevant versions as well as getting versions working before releasing them ??

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:44 pm

I do indeed know why people can and should update their software even if it’s working.
Such might apply to Windows Progs like Photoshop & Co. But OpenCart is NO Windows Code, so, when
it comes to upgrade something, which is, in MOST cases, not a strictly DEFAULT Code, one should better
accept, what my Old Man used to say:
NEVER TOUCH A RUNNING ENGINE. And especially not, if one's not a Mechanic. ;)

But that piece of surplus Crab Upgrade-Info should have been removed Years ago, no question about that ...
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by leoneshop » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:30 am

first in my opinion you should think more about the core of the problem in the forum.
While the main talk was only focused on the unprofessionalism of one's business.
In fact I am not complaining at all about my business, I have been selling products all over the world for several years, and I have been using OpenCart since 2009.
Then I didn't say that this update was on one of my online stores currently online, but a "demo" just to test an update that I think is important. In fact, php 7.3 and updated Twig are always one step ahead.
Anyway thank you all for the advice. ;D

Post by xxvirusxx » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:17 am

leoneshop wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 am
Hi guys i ve upgraded OC from 3.0.2.0 to the new version 3.0.3.6 and i have this Twig error... any idea? i don t understand....
leoneshop wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:30 am
Then I didn't say that this update was on one of my online stores currently online, but a "demo" just to test an update that I think is important.
But a "demo". You didn't say that first time.

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by letxobnav » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 am

So dont you think its about time these files are updated to suit their relevant versions as well as getting versions working before releasing them ??
I think OC should start to look for a serious test & release manager and stop releasing official packages until they do.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by cyclops12 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:35 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 am
I think OC should start to look for a serious test & release manager and stop releasing official packages until they do.
Totally agree 100%

Expert Member

Post by hubbort333 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:48 pm

Most likely not, it was simply discharged a couple of hours back, to empower Testers, to discover issues. :snicker:

Be that as it may, you ideally didn't anticipate that it should be a tried Final, or at that point, you don't comprehend the System ... ;)

Be that as it may, better post remarks on such on github.com/opencart, it looks bad, to request here (yet ...)

Post by OSWorX » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:42 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:15 pm
OSWorX wrote:

Finally: if an update is made, the user should read the details and notes (if provided, which is normally not!) - BEFORE!
But who is reading such notes - main thing is that the update "must be made" because it is an update!
And this is the main reason why so many people are here posting and looking for "help".
I said: " .. which is normally not! .. "
Because I know the current situation and the texts.
But everybody is encouraged to make a pull request at GitHub to solve those issues ..

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by Elevate » Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:19 am

leoneshop wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 am
Hi guys i ve upgraded OC from 3.0.2.0 to the new version 3.0.3.6 and i have this Twig error... any idea? i don t understand....

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Twig\Loader\ArrayLoader' not found in /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/system/library/template/twig.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/system/library/template.php(51): Template\Twig->render('common/header', '<!DOCTYPE html>...') #1 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php(125): Template->render('common/header', '') #2 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/admin/controller/common/header.php(79): Loader->view('common/header', Array) #3 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_action.php(79): ControllerCommonHeader->index(Array) #4 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php(48): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #5 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_controller_common_login.php(159): Loader->controller('common/header') #6 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_action.php(79): ControllerCommonLogin->index() #7 /home/leonesh in /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/system/library/template/twig.php on line 31
It's a cache issue. To fix it, delete the storage/modification folder and upload the new, empty one. After that, you should be able to login to the admin area and re clear all cache.

ELEV8TE Website Development
Available for hire - please contact me at https://www.elev8your.com/contact
https://www.elev8your.com

Location - Denver, Colorado, USA