Post by leoneshop » Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:34 am

Hi guys i ve upgraded OC from 3.0.2.0 to the new version 3.0.3.6 and i have this Twig error... any idea? i don t understand....

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Twig\Loader\ArrayLoader' not found in /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/system/library/template/twig.php:31 Stack trace: #0 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/system/library/template.php(51): Template\Twig->render('common/header', '<!DOCTYPE html>...') #1 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php(125): Template->render('common/header', '') #2 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/admin/controller/common/header.php(79): Loader->view('common/header', Array) #3 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_action.php(79): ControllerCommonHeader->index(Array) #4 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_loader.php(48): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array) #5 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-admin_controller_common_login.php(159): Loader->controller('common/header') #6 /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/vqmod/vqcache/vq2-system_engine_action.php(79): ControllerCommonLogin->index() #7 /home/leonesh in /home/leonesh1/demo.leoneshop.com/system/library/template/twig.php on line 31

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:28 am

... any idea? i don t understand....
Probably not, it was just released a few hours ago, to enable Testers, to find problems. :laugh:
But you hopefully did not expect it to be a tested Final, or then, you don't understand the System ... ;)
But better post comments on such on github.com/opencart, it makes no sense, to ask for here (yet ...)
Ernie

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:03 am

Suggest you stop blindly upgrading OC as each new version generally introduces more problems than it solves and testing is apparently hardly done.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:09 am

Well, if people would only read the Documents enclosed in the Download,
they would find out easy, that they're not dealing with a 'finished' release,
because the changelog ends at:

# OpenCart change log
## [Unreleased]
## [v3.0.1.2] (Release date: 07.07.2017) 
and the changelog autoload at:

# Change Log
## [Unreleased](https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tree/HEAD)
[Full Changelog](https://github.com/opencart/opencart/compare/2.1.0.1...HEAD)
**Closed issues:**
and the upgrade.txt info is still all about v.1.5.x to 1.5.6.x Versions:

THIS IS FOR UPGRADING EXISTING OPENCART 1.5.x STORES ONLY
#########################################
DO NOT USE THIS UPGRADE TO CONVERT FROM 1.4.x to 1.5.x!!
If you have 1.4.x and want to upgrade to 1.5.x, You need to use the script here:
http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=50292
But it's probably of not much use, after looking at the Github OC Access Numbers.
Bulkloads of OC Users, who seldom or never visit this place, seem to be eager to
download latest OC Editions, probably just, because it still comes for free! :laugh:
And most of them will probably come here, sooner or later, after they screwed up,
and likely expecting others, to be of free assistance. :choke: :crazy:

To me, it only proves, how unprofessionally some seem to run their Business. It's
like killing an older WIN Software, by overwriting it with a latest Release, and at the
same time, likely expecting anything else on existing Programs to still work. O0

It would probably be better, NOT to ADD any (badly outdated) information Files to
an OC Download, as long as so much changes, from Subversion to Subversion, exist.
I would rather enclose an INFO-File, WARNING Downloaders, not to replace a running
Shop Software, but test a new Version first. It would, at best, keep many OC Users from
getting pissed. And that's always bad for Business, in the longer terms ... ::) ;)

Ernie

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:42 pm

To me, it only proves, how unprofessionally some seem to run their Business.
It is a letal combination of unprofessionally run Web Businesses and unprofessionally run OC release management.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by leoneshop » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:16 pm

Hi Guys,
Thanks for your updated lesson.
You wasted a lot of words but you didn't get to the bottom of the problem ... ultimately did you understand the problem? ;D
I will and I will tell you later .. thanks for the help. :o

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:20 pm

ultimately did you understand the problem?
Yes, it is this:
Hi guys i ve upgraded OC from 3.0.2.0 to the new version 3.0.3.6

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by cyclops12 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 pm

I just don’t get why people always want to update to latest thing out especially when it’s not been tested
You only have to look at 3.0.3.4 two or three different versions still with bugs then all of a sudden 3.0.34 and 3.0.3.5 pops up still with bugs and now 3.0.3.6
Unreleased version
What is the actual point of all these versions keep popping up which still need bug fixes to work
Why doesn’t oc release one version just to developers to check for bugs THEN release it to the public once working correctly
It makes no sense having multiple versions released that don’t work

Expert Member

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:19 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:00 pm
I just don’t get why people always want to update to latest thing out especially when it’s not been tested
You only have to look at 3.0.3.4 two or three different versions still with bugs then all of a sudden 3.0.34 and 3.0.3.5 pops up still with bugs and now 3.0.3.6
Imagine your are (as so many here and somewhere!) a simple "user" who want the "best shopping card in the world".
How proud you will be, to have always the latest version of this software.
Because the developer(s) are publishing so regulary new versions.

For example see: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/download
And: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ad/history

WOW!

And because I am a good fellow, I am doing what these highly professional developers are offering: install always the latest version.
BECAUSE there must be a reason why those guys are working so hard and publishing a new release.
Don't you think?

AND nothing states there that this new release is NOT tested before, is NOT STABLE.
AND will bring me a lot of new troubles ..

BUT .. I have the latest version.

Okay, back to business.
Frome where the fucking hell should those users know that the latest release is NOT THE LATEST STABLE RELEASE!

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by MysticKnight » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:40 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Really? I can tell you the main reason... Security.

If we ignore updates, we are also ignoring any security patches that may be included.

Bill Elgin
Custom Website Design
www.billelgin.com

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:57 pm

Well, talking about that 'official' Download Page, the Extensions, shown
below the Download link, are all still created for OC Version 1.5.6.x ... ::)
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?route=cms/download

But it's not about Security, because i.E. 1.5.6.4+ never had any security
problems. It's usually the DEV's, talking down older Versions, because they
they want to stay in Business, by offering their Services for latest releases.
So, better assist OC on Github, instead of exchanging arguments at the Forum,
for the good of OC and yourselfs.
Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 pm

If we ignore updates, we are also ignoring any security patches that may be included.
well, security patches are a good reason but from what I see is that after 3.0.2.0, testing has become an afterthought if it is done at all and the packages are just thrown together and dumped as a new release without any coordination and/or verification whether that release is ready for production.

You want to implement possible security patches handled that way?
I would suggest that by following this practice you are more likely to introduce security issues.

if people implement versions directly from github then it is their problem but if you put it on the official download page, people may expect it to be sound.
Then again, maybe the dev team just does not care anymore about these standalone releases and is solely focussed on the cloud version where their money is.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by OSWorX » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 pm

MysticKnight wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:40 pm
cyclops12 wrote:
Really? I can tell you the main reason... Security.

What a stupid answer!
Where the hell do you see any notice about "Security"?

".. that may be included .. "

Yeah! >> MAY (and I think here more on the month).

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by D3MO » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:48 am

i agree with: letxobnav shooting version after version without testing is simply a time waster for everybody, someone will ruin the running store. new commers may simply test the latest not tested release and never come back (as it is not working like supposed) for developers waste of time upgrading modules . everybody is in a loosing something position.

By the way in 3.0.3.6 modification not works as supposed:)

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by opencart.my » Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:55 pm

SOLUTION:

If you have upgraded to OpenCart v3.0.3.5, v3.0.3.6, download and apply this fix until an official fix is released:

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... cation.xml

1. Replace the file /upload/system/modification.xml with the above fixed file.
2. Login to store admin > Extensions > Modifications > Refresh the cache. If you can't access your store because of the error, just clear your modification cache folder in /storage/modification/

The issue is caused by an upgrade to the templating engine used in OpenCart.

Improvements may not always be a smooth process, but I agree a more rigorous testing before each release should be in place.

Developing Quality OpenCart Extensions since 2011. View my Extensions.

Post by cyclops12 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:43 pm

opencart.my wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:55 pm
SOLUTION:

If you have upgraded to OpenCart v3.0.3.5, v3.0.3.6, download and apply this fix until an official fix is released:

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... cation.xml

1. Replace the file /upload/system/modification.xml with the above fixed file.
2. Login to store admin > Extensions > Modifications > Refresh the cache. If you can't access your store because of the error, just clear your modification cache folder in /storage/modification/

The issue is caused by an upgrade to the templating engine used in OpenCart.

Improvements may not always be a smooth process, but I agree a more rigorous testing before each release should be in place.
Well this just adds to the argument
3.0.3.6 on official download page BUT you have to do this fix for it to work
As d3mo says wasting everyone’s time

Expert Member

Post by MysticKnight » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:44 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:10 pm
You want to implement possible security patches handled if people implement versions directly from github then it is their problem but if you put it on the official download page, people may expect it to be sound.
I absolutely agree. I was just answering the question about why people upgrade if something is working.

When software is added to the official website to download, it should have already gone through the alpha and beta stages.

Software integrity is very important and that can’t be accomplished if updates are added without thorough testing.

Bill Elgin
Custom Website Design
www.billelgin.com

Post by MysticKnight » Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:23 pm
What a stupid answer!
Where the hell do you see any notice about "Security"?

".. that may be included .. "

Yeah! >> MAY (and I think here more on the month).
I’ve never understood the hostility at this forum.

Fortunately, there are members that are helpful and don’t spend time being hostile.

Let me help you understand my comment...

I didn’t say this update was about security.

You asked why do people update software that’s working and I told you a very important reason why people do so.

Maybe this update had nothing to do with security, but every detail of an update isn’t always mentioned in the “notice”. There can and has been security improvements that aren’t always mentioned.

Some updates are very complex and it would take a long time to read every detail even if all the details were actually provided.

When anyone has a problem with software, it’s very common for the person helping to ask if they are using the most recent version before doing anything else.

One of the most basic pieces of advice for people that use computers is keep your software current.

I hope this helps you to understand why people upgrade their software even if it’s working.

Bill Elgin
Custom Website Design
www.billelgin.com

Post by OSWorX » Wed Jul 22, 2020 6:17 pm

MysticKnight wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 pm
I’ve never understood the hostility at this forum.
And I see no "hostility".

You are posting here as a "Website Designer" (see signature).
In such a "position" you "may" have some influence.
And because of that, you should think before you post in a public forum.

Writing something useless about "security" shows me, that you do not know OpenCart in general.
Second, such words could be misinterpreted!
MysticKnight wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:57 pm
Some updates are very complex and it would take a long time to read every detail even if all the details were actually provided.
If you can show me 1 "complex" OpenCart update, I will be very surprised!
One more indication of your OpenCart "knowledge".

Finally: if an update is made, the user should read the details and notes (if provided, which is normally not!) - BEFORE!
But who is reading such notes - main thing is that the update "must be made" because it is an update!
And this is the main reason why so many people are here posting and looking for "help".

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by purpletreesoft » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:19 pm

I saw they used to add a "b" in release names a while ago, indicating it was a beta release. Now: why they have stopped doing it?

Purpletree Software LLP
New features launched for Multivendor Marketplace Extension