Post by chapster5 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:14 am

Hi all,

So using OpenCart V3.0.3.2 I have recently enabled all the SSL certificates and everything seems to be functioning well and as it should including the contact form. The only thing that doesn't want to work is the registration form when you enter all the details required and click register it refreshed to a blank page with a HTTP 500 error?

https://asphotographyni.co.uk/shop/inde ... t/register

Can anyone shed some light? Oddly enough it creates the customer in the admin side only the customer account is set to a disabled status?

I dont receive any emails or anything?

Any information is much appreciated!

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:18 am

check your error logs.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by chapster5 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:25 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:18 am
check your error logs.
Unfortunately the error logs are blank nothing is being flagged up in them as not working? Last entry in the error logs was from the 2nd of June when I was setting up the mail system but that's functioning now.

Post by sw!tch » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:31 pm

You need to check your actual server error log, usually reside in your home dir under logs. If you are looking at the Opencart error logs, they won't help with fatal errors.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by chapster5 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:43 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:31 pm
You need to check your actual server error log, usually reside in your home dir under logs. If you are looking at the Opencart error logs, they won't help with fatal errors.

Probably related to mail is my guess.
Ah! Seems there's an issue with the Subject line being blank 🤔 how on earth do I edit that

Code: Select all

asphotographyni.co.uk [Tue Jun 09 01:15:55 2020] [error] [client 114.32.22.188:0] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Exception: Error: E-Mail subject required! in /home/sites/11a/0/0bed4e1bab/public_html/shop/system/library/mail.php:131\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/sites/11a/0/0bed4e1bab/storage/modification/catalog/controller/mail/register.php(160): Mail->send()\n#1 /home/sites/11a/0/0bed4e1bab/storage/modification/system/engine/action.php(79): ControllerMailRegister->index('account/custome...', Array, 20)\n#2 /home/sites/11a/0/0bed4e1bab/storage/modification/system/engine/event.php(67): Action->execute(Object(Registry), Array)\n#3 /home/sites/11a/0/0bed4e1bab/storage/modification/system/engine/loader.php(263): Event->trigger('model/account/c...', Array)\n#4 /home/sites/11a/0/0bed4e1bab/public_html/shop/system/engine/proxy.php(47): Loader->{closure}(Array, Array)\n#5 /home/sites/11a/0/0bed4e1bab/storage/modification/catalog/controller/account/register.php(34): Proxy->__call('

Post by sw!tch » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:01 pm

sw!tch wrote:

chapster5 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:43 pm
Ah! Seems there's an issue with the Subject line being blank 🤔 how on earth do I edit that
Hard to say.. its a custom theme so if heavily modified it could be related to their code, etc. Opencart uses event hooks for mail on most instances.

You can reference the register mail method in catalog/controller/mail/register.php

$mail->setSubject(....
Again if heavily modified or poorly coded.. really have to debug it.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by chapster5 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:04 pm

sw!tch wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:01 pm
sw!tch wrote:

chapster5 wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:43 pm
Hard to say.. its a custom theme so if heavily modified it could be related to their code, etc. Opencart uses event hooks for mail on most pages.

You can reference the register mail method in catalog/controller/mail/register.php

$mail->setSubject(....
Thank you for this. Its given me something to go by I'll look into the journal theme and see if there's a different file they've changed for registration they may have made their own customer registration email and its not quite right.

I'll fire their support a question.

I appreciate the help!

Post by chapster5 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:50 am

Just in case it helps anyone trouble shooting in future... I disabled Google Captcha V2 on opencart and everything worked as normal.

Strange but hey it works now :)

Post by letxobnav » Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:01 pm

Just in case it helps anyone trouble shooting in future
No, I think this helps more:
I'll look into the journal theme
than this:
I disabled Google Captcha V2 on opencart and everything worked as normal
Nothing against Journal, I think it looks great but then so does a Jaguar XJS.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan