Post by nightwing » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:08 pm

Team, good morning to all,
When you enable SEO URLs on the store, and create the query under the design tab, is it supposed to automatically redirect all links to the SEO URL? I do have .htaccess in my root folder.
1) For example, I created a query for "account/account" and this should point to "dashboard". However, the breadcrumb, and other links will not point to this URL and continue to use index.php?route=account/account, but when I browse to domain.com/dashboard it maintains the URL while I am on the account page.
2) When I add an SEO URL for Privacy Policy, it does update the URL in the footer without my intervention.
Even though privacy links are updated in the footer, the account link stays the same.
Please provide some insights
Version 3.0.3.3 Default Theme

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing

Post by letxobnav » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:08 am

Single route translations like "account/account" are not covered in the seo url translations.
You can adopt the seo_url class to do that but since there is no need to seo translate account/* or checkout/* paths since they are not to be indexed by search engines anyway, default they are not as it has nothing to do with SEO.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by nightwing » Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:20 am

Ohh ok, thank you, I now understand. Have a good one letxobnav!
letxobnav wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:08 am
Single route translations like "account/account" are not covered in the seo url translations.
You can adopt the seo_url class to do that but since there is no need to seo translate account/* or checkout/* paths since they are not to be indexed by search engines anyway, default they are not as it has nothing to do with SEO.

Regards,
Nightwing
Access to my Free Extensions: https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... =nightwing