Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:34 am

The FAQ link in the first post doesn't work

Code: Select all

https://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php?f=176&p=739789#p718325
In fact most on the first post do not work.

I am just now jumping into replacing paypal express, is this topic still the way to go about it?

Thank you,
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 am

I am just now jumping into replacing paypal express, is this topic still the way to go about it?
No, simply use the PayPal Commerce Platform from the Marketplace, it's free. You could also try the pre-release version of Opencart v3.0.3.4 from https://www.github.com/opencart/opencart/releases which I will be updating in a few minutes. The date will be shown in the frame of the Github site once the upload is complete.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:32 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 am
No, simply use the PayPal Commerce Platform from the Marketplace, it's free. You could also try the pre-release version of Opencart v3.0.3.4 from https://www.github.com/opencart/opencart/releases which I will be updating in a few minutes. The date will be shown in the frame of the Github site once the upload is complete.
Well I just upgraded to 2.3.0.2 based upon feedback from OSWorX a couple of months ago in the forum and I do not wish to under take an upgrade to 3.x yet as I am still "recovering" from losing some of my helper scripts I used on 1.5.6.4 that I need to finish updating to 2.3.0.2.

I will see what PayPal Commerce Platform is all about and see if it also does more than paypal express, and #1 most important if it has Payflow Pro functionality as Payflow Pro is my primarily used payment processor.

Thank you,
Mike

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am

Cue4cheap wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:32 am
straightlight wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 am
Well I just upgraded to 2.3.0.2 based upon feedback from OSWorX a couple of months ago in the forum and I do not wish to under take an upgrade to 3.x yet as I am still "recovering" from losing some of my helper scripts I used on 1.5.6.4 that I need to finish updating to 2.3.0.2.

I will see what PayPal Commerce Platform is all about and see if it also does more than paypal express, and #1 most important if it has Payflow Pro functionality as Payflow Pro is my primarily used payment processor.

Thank you,
Mike
Then, you are posting in the wrong forum section. This section is for OC v3.x releases.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cue4cheap » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:54 am

straightlight wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 am
Then, you are posting in the wrong forum section. This section is for OC v3.x releases.
Ah, I apologize but I see PayPal Commerce Platform is also for 2.3.0.2 and if PayPal Express Checkout is no longer supported shouldn't the people running 2.x also see about PayPal Commerce Platform?

Thank you and sorry for over stepping into the 3.x section. :)

Mike

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:19 am

Ah, I apologize but I see PayPal Commerce Platform is also for 2.3.0.2 and if PayPal Express Checkout is no longer supported shouldn't the people running 2.x also see about PayPal Commerce Platform?
Then, users either posts in the v2.x General Support section or on the Marketplace page they can see the compatibility of the OC version the PayPal Commerce Platform can run with.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by giannis4284 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:26 pm

Does express paypal checkout work for Greece? I cant make it work... it only works withPayPal Standard.

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:21 pm

giannis4284 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:26 pm
Does express paypal checkout work for Greece? I cant make it work... it only works withPayPal Standard.
The PayPal Express Checkout extension has a few bugs and depending on what version of OpenCart the bugs will be different. So it may be this rather that it not working for Greece.

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by cyclops12 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:26 pm

straightlight wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:59 am

I no longer support this extension since the master branch on Github no longer contains any extension payment and shipping modules connecting via a service provider. If you'd like to use a patched version of PayPal Express, please search on the Marketplace.
Have they been removed again then since they were reinstated in 3.0.3.5??

Added Old PayPal extensions that where removed.
Updated twig to latest version
Minimum PHP version is now 7.3
Fixed issue with paypal commerce not working
Taken from https://github.com/opencart/opencart/releases

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:44 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:26 pm
straightlight wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 3:59 am

I no longer support this extension since the master branch on Github no longer contains any extension payment and shipping modules connecting via a service provider. If you'd like to use a patched version of PayPal Express, please search on the Marketplace.
Have they been removed again then since they were reinstated in 3.0.3.5??

Added Old PayPal extensions that where removed.
Updated twig to latest version
Minimum PHP version is now 7.3
Fixed issue with paypal commerce not working
Taken from https://github.com/opencart/opencart/releases
What is says here is that I no longer support the extension, it has not been said that the extension has been removed from this topic where and when it used to be supported.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by cyclops12 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:51 pm

straightlight wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:44 pm

I am talking about you said the payment extensions being taken out of the latest 3038
Yet on 3035 it says they are reinstalled ??
Bit confused

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:22 am

cyclops12 wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:51 pm
straightlight wrote:
Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:44 pm

I am talking about you said the payment extensions being taken out of the latest 3038
Yet on 3035 it says they are reinstalled ??
Bit confused
I can't find where it has been explicitly mentioned the removal of both category extensions in the latest version of OC v3.0.3.8, still on this day, but what I did state is that the master branch on Github no longer contains any extension payment and shipping modules connecting via a service provider .

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by cyclops12 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:05 am

Ahh i see
Thanks for the clarification

Expert Member