Post by ArtGallery » Mon May 11, 2020 2:23 pm

Thanks for the help everyone. The randomly stumbled on solution that worked for me is at the bottom as well as right here at the top for quick reference.
  • Out of desperation, trying whatever I could think of, I decided to add the new HTML page twice instead of once by clicking on the + symbol twice and voila, there were the desired choices to add. I saved it and when returning to the home layout in design / layouts, there it was, but only one of the two that I added. I will put this in my "bug" notes so I won't have to fight over it again to get some HTML content on my home page.
Original Post Follows

I went through several tutorials, multiple times on how to add HTML Content to the home page for OpenCarter 3.x with no success.

The newly created HTML page is showing as enabled, but is not visible in the Content pull down menus in Design / Layout / Home so I can't add it to the home page. It only shows the default items like Featured, Carousel, Category etc. Also, previous HTML test pages I created keep showing up in the list after I have deleted them. Very strange. The HTML Content module also keeps uninstalling itself, showing the green "install" icon. I have turned off the cache and cleared it multiple times and refreshed the page repeatedly to no avail. I had this problem over a year ago but cannot find the solution I used then.

I have it working fine on an older version 3.0.3.1, but cannot seem to get it to show up on version 3.0.3.3. Is there something different that I need to do with 3.0.3.3?
Last edited by ArtGallery on Fri May 15, 2020 2:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by johntroublemaker » Tue May 12, 2020 8:30 am

Hi team, I have an issue on the html content, opencart 3.0.3.3:
any code typed are not saved, text only can be saved
I tried adding codes on code view enabled, but nothing is saved
when code view is off, they are saved as text.
please help!

Post by paulfeakins » Tue May 12, 2020 6:11 pm

johntroublemaker wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 8:30 am
Hi team, I have an issue on the html content, opencart 3.0.3.3:
any code typed are not saved, text only can be saved
I tried adding codes on code view enabled, but nothing is saved
when code view is off, they are saved as text.
please help!
This sounds like a different issue to the first? If so you should create a new topic.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by ArtGallery » Wed May 13, 2020 8:05 pm

I couldn't find a solution on that link but thanks for posting it anyway.

It appears that I cannot save any settings in the Choose the position of the modules pull down menus in Design / Layouts, for any layouts in any of the positions - Column Left, Content Top, Column Right or Content Bottom. Any changes in various layouts is never saved. When I come back to the layout settings all the of the Choose the position of the modules are empty.

Here is the process I am using.

1 - In Extensions / Extensions / Modules / HTML Content - I enable that feature.
2 - I create a Home Page HTML document with the text I want showing in the home page and set is as Enabled
3 - I then go to Design / Layouts / Home and add the Home Page HTML page to the Content Top pull down menu, save it and then refresh the cache in Admin and the browser. When I come back to look at the settings, there is nothing there in Content Top pull down menu. My changes were not saved.

Clearing the cash in OC Admin and refreshing the browser multiple times along they way has no impact on getting the new HTML text to show on the home page.

A question on the Route setting in Layout. Should the Route for "Home" in layouts be set to common/home The default was nothing but I saw common/home in others in Route so I tried it both ways. Should it be something else?

I have repeated this process many times with several browsers and different devices and clearing the cache in the browsers and in the OpenCart Admin with no success. Note: when I return to Extensions / Extensions / Modules / HTML Content after adding pages and clearing the cache, the module shows as being Disabled - is that how it should be?

Post by cyclops12 » Wed May 13, 2020 11:15 pm

Quick question on this one, when you goto design/layouts to add the html module to content top, are you just clicking the pulldown arrow ??
If so you have to click on the "+" button first then the pulldown menu choose your html module then save

Expert Member

Post by ArtGallery » Fri May 15, 2020 2:52 am

cyclops12 wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 11:15 pm
Quick question on this one, when you goto design/layouts to add the html module to content top, are you just clicking the pulldown arrow ??
If so you have to click on the "+" button first then the pulldown menu choose your html module then save
Thanks for the suggestion. Yes I was doing it the way you stated and was not ever able to get it to save the new page additions. Out of desperation, trying whatever I could think of, I decided to add the new HTML page twice instead of once by clicking on the + symbol twice and voila, there were the desired choices to add. I saved it and when returning to the home layout in design / layouts, there it was, but only one of the two that I added. I will put this in my "bug" notes so I won't have to fight over it again to get some HTML content on my home page.