Post by daniGo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:17 am

commented on 15 Feb 2019
Hi, when you see the new version, it's been a long time since the last release. Thx

danielkerr commented on 15 Apr 2019
Yes new stuff keeps coming up. Should be this month.

Or maybe next year?

http://www.gombac.si


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:49 pm
Location - Slovenia

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 am

Yes new stuff keeps coming up. Should be this month.
Well, NEW STUFF does not automatically mean new FREE Releases! ;)

Better click on the link below, to see, how the OC Future might look, in longer
Terms. It's a rather useless attempt, to invest lot's of time and money, just to
keep those happy, making a living out of free Software, but usually without
adding much to the Project itself. And as more 'mature' something gets, as less
FREE is usually part of it, like anywhere else in real Life.

It's no longer required either, because the Future of OC will be the Cloud. And
for that, it only requires an ENGINE, but sure not much on 'default' Additions,
because they will differ from User to User. And it really makes no sense, to pack
Code into a 'default' Software Download, possibly never of any use for some.

But that's only my personal Interpretation, so, don't count on it. :D ;)
Ernie
viewtopic.php?f=177&t=216920&p=782137#p782137

Please don't send me OC Forum Personal Messages, just contact: jti@jacob.ch
---
OC 1.5.6.5 LIGHT Test Site: http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/
OC 1.5.6.5 V-PRO Test Site: http://www.openshop.li/shop/
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
2'600+ FREE OC Extensions on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland

Post by Saahib » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:29 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:03 am
Yes new stuff keeps coming up. Should be this month.
Well, NEW STUFF does not automatically mean new FREE Releases! ;)

Better click on the link below, to see, how the OC Future might look, in longer
Terms. It's a rather useless attempt, to invest lot's of time and money, just to
keep those happy, making a living out of free Software, but usually without
adding much to the Project itself. And as more 'mature' something gets, as less
FREE is usually part of it, like anywhere else in real Life.

It's no longer required either, because the Future of OC will be the Cloud. And
for that, it only requires an ENGINE, but sure not much on 'default' Additions,
because they will differ from User to User. And it really makes no sense, to pack
Code into a 'default' Software Download, possibly never of any use for some.

But that's only my personal Interpretation, so, don't count on it. :D ;)
Ernie
viewtopic.php?f=177&t=216920&p=782137#p782137
May be you are taking it all wrong, do you know REDHAT is making lot of money and from very long yet they are providing it opensource. If you see business model of other established players like PS or Magento, you can see they have community version which is free and equally capable but they make money from selling support, services included hosted / cloud solution. From what I have see so far about OC , Daniel wants to expand similarly.
And for removal of default extensions, they are not removing extension feature from OC, only removing it from core, probably they will maintain them separately. If OC gets enough popular then I am sure third parties will maintain their own version as we see with many other services like WHMCS , all payment gateway maintain their own integration for it.
Further, if you see OC code, there is lots of room for improvements and standardization and its not possible if only one person is working on it. So, going for all commercial is not yet an option for OC .

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by JWire » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:52 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm
Daniel wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:46 pm
We are not dying! Doing a release now.

I had to spend some time to finish of the cloud version of opencart. we are in the process of setting up a new site for the cloud. I need to fix a few things on the main site then will be back on getting the next main release ready. We are also setting up the new company to get outside investment. So no the project is not dying. Will be getting more staff soon.
There you go guys and girls, from the main man himself, OpenCart is alive and well and a new release is imminent!
I mean, he's been saying that for awhile now, then 6 months later... still nothing. 1 year later, very minor changes. I won't believe it till I see it.
Last edited by JWire on Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Newbie

Posts

Joined
Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:54 am

Post by straightlight » Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:54 am

JWire wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:52 am
paulfeakins wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:31 pm
Daniel wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:46 pm
We are not dying! Doing a release now.

I had to spend some time to finish of the cloud version of opencart. we are in the process of setting up a new site for the cloud. I need to fix a few things on the main site then will be back on getting the next main release ready. We are also setting up the new company to get outside investment. So no the project is not dying. Will be getting more staff soon.
There you go guys and girls, from the main man himself, OpenCart is alive and well and a new release is imminent!
I mean, he's been saying that for awhile now, then 6 months later... still nothing. I won't believe it till I see it.
That's the spirit. Keep the belief on-going until you see it. :)

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by head_dunce » Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 am

I recently moved to it and overall have been very pleased.

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by Saahib » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:23 am

head_dunce wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 am
I recently moved to it and overall have been very pleased.
Moved to what ? OC 3

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by head_dunce » Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:04 pm

Saahib wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:23 am
head_dunce wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 am
I recently moved to it and overall have been very pleased.
Moved to what ? OC 3
Yes, OC 3 - With a few extensions it's a very nice system.

Jim
https://www.carguygarage.com
Yahoo Store since 2006 moved to OpenCart on January 24, 2020


Active Member

Posts

Joined
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:50 pm

Post by Saahib » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:14 am

head_dunce wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:04 pm
Saahib wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:23 am
head_dunce wrote:
Sat Apr 11, 2020 5:37 am
I recently moved to it and overall have been very pleased.
Moved to what ? OC 3
Yes, OC 3 - With a few extensions it's a very nice system.
Yes, it works.

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by Saahib » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:41 am

Wondering if there is any roadmap or update.

New member

Posts

Joined
Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:34 pm

Post by thekrotek » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:58 am

Saahib wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:41 am
Wondering if there is any roadmap or update.
Nope. OpenCart is NOT a WordPress.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by EvolveWebHosting » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:30 am

I think the closest you'll get to a roadmap is looking at the Github issues and pull requests.

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pulls

Image
Hosting and Domain Specials until 01/01/2021 https://www.evolvewebhost.com/blog/blac ... riday_2020
Detailed guide on how to install Opencart


User avatar
Active Member

Posts

Joined
Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:13 pm
Location - Denver, Colorado, USA

Post by thekrotek » Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:35 am

EvolveWebHosting wrote:
Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:30 am
I think the closest you'll get to a roadmap is looking at the Github issues and pull requests.

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/issues
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/pulls
This can hardly be called a "road map". Especially for a non-geek.

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com


User avatar
Expert Member

Posts

Joined
Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:24 am


Post by straightlight » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:40 am

The closest roadmap would be this one: https://www.github.com/opencart/opencart/commits . All changes from Danielkerr on these logs are official changes for the master branch. The rest are decoration-based.

The most generated errors being found on Opencart forum originates from contributed programming. The increased post counters are caused by redundancies of the same solutions that were already provided prior.


Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester


Legendary Member
Online

Posts

Joined
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:38 pm
Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:00 am

This can hardly be called a "road map". Especially for a non-geek.
Well, Fellows, I have the feeling, that you sometimes forget, that OC is not Microsoft, but
still belongs to the 'small business' class, when it comes to the number of employees. ::)
And it also depends on 'free' assistance, by those, eventually creating parts of their
income too, by offering paid extensions.

But it's generally risky in Life, to depend on fully independent assistance, because only a
small fraction of them will remain, and even active at the forum, for free, over an extended
period of time, confronted with ever the same... :choke:

Non-Geeks and Newbies might not be aware of this, and/or don't even care about. But most
of them are not aware of much anyway, when it comes to Opencart and/or 'Code' in General ... ???

Rather than a RoadMap, a Page full of Warnings would most likely be much better, to get
their Expectations down, to somehow realize, not to have found free Heaven, to get rich
quick, and without the slightest Knowledge, on how such a Software works.

Such can be found on my Demo Site Main Pages, and one would not believe, how dramatically
it shrinks the amount of 'Dreamers', partly expecting OC to solve all their (financial) problems
for good. And all that only due to some crazy Freaks, just waiting, to support them, obviously
just to prove their goodness to some God and/or the World... ::)

A simple ('neutralized') sample, obviously proven to work: :laugh: :crazy:

Code: Select all

PLEASE NOTE, that NO free Support is included and/or part of this free Offer, and/or can be expected. If no free assistance to Users is available at the OC Forum and/or Facebook OC Sites, paid Support might be required, if one likes to change existing things, or to add some Extensions. 

Custom Bootstrap Themes Extensions might be built different from default OC Theme Style and Files related, and 'global' OC Forum Knowledge might not always work out, and/or is not available for free at the Forum, if [b]any[/b] Custom Coding is part of an NON-DEFAULT Opencart Installation, regardless of the OC Version and/or Theme used.

This needs to be clearly understud, fully accepted, and agreed on!

The whole OC Concept is not a free Gift from heaven, and not used, to create Fun, but Income, for most everybody involved! The Opencart Package comes for free, for Developers and End-Users, and/but that's all, you can expect, for nothing in return! 

All open-source OC Code included comes as tested and matched, and/but without further Warranty, Obligation and/or Responsibility, from either Side. 

Please NEVER overwrite and possibly kill a working Installation, but install and test a new OC Software Version in a separate Subdirectory first, or you might end up in Tears!
Just a crazy Idea from an old Nut :drunk:

Please don't send me OC Forum Personal Messages, just contact: jti@jacob.ch
---
OC 1.5.6.5 LIGHT Test Site: http://www.bigmax.ch/shop/
OC 1.5.6.5 V-PRO Test Site: http://www.openshop.li/shop/
My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
2'600+ FREE OC Extensions on the World's largest Github OC Repository Archive Site.


User avatar
Legendary Member

Posts

Joined
Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:37 am
Location - Switzerland
Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FrankR and 29 guests