Post by sammysomerset » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:59 pm

Hi there,

In the last few days, we've been unable to log in to customer accounts, from the admin side - it just loses the session and goes to the logged out page. There are no issues logging in as a customer from the front though.

We are on v1.5.5.1. The weird thing is that this only happens on a few (but not all) laptops in a couple of locations, but in another location, no issues at all. We've not made any changes to our website code for some time. We contacted our hosting company who say nothing server side could be causing this, so we are totally stumped.

Does anyone know what could suddenly affect sessions like this? Any help or suggestions would be welcome - I've not been able to find a similar issue on the forum so far.

Thanks,
Sam

Post by ADD Creative » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:26 pm

Are all the laptops running the same versions of a OS and browser? Anything in your error logs or in your web browser development console?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Location - United Kingdom

Post by sammysomerset » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:22 am

Hi, its a very odd problem..
We have spend hours doing different tests from various locations, computers and browsers. We have tested on WIndows 7, Win 10, Mac.

When using my wife's Mac which uses Safari browser, I DO NOT encounter this issue.
When I use my android phone and log in using LastPass (which has its own browser), I DO NOT have this issue. BUT, if I then use chrome or firefox on my phone, the issue crops up again.

On all PC laptops when using Opera, Chrome and Firefox, I encounter the issue.
I have managed to "fix" the problem on 1 x Win 10 PC using the Edge app but cant get the same results on another Win 10 Pro pc using Edge.

Our web hosts say they cant find any problems on the server as sessions are created yet they also encounter the problem.

Post by ADD Creative » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:13 am

Do you get logged out of the admin side as well or just the customer? When it doesn't work what route in the URL do you get taken to route=account/login or route=account/logout or something else?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by sammysomerset » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:02 am

Hi, I have uploaded a pdf - when I click on the Log Into Store link, I get this page https://www.dropshipwebhosting.co.uk/in ... tion_id=28

Post by sammysomerset » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:02 am

I do not get logged out of Admin, just cant log into the customers account

Post by ADD Creative » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:29 am

If you are not getting logged out of admin then the sessions cookies are valid as both sides use the same session cookie. That's a information page not an account page. A standard install of OpenCart would not take you to that page. Have you got any extensions that redirect you there or any redirects in your htaccess?

www.add-creative.co.uk

Expert Member

Post by sammysomerset » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:24 am

As I mentioned before, all was working fine until a few days ago. We have not made any changes to files or modules.
We even checked (date check) if there had been any changes made to our files but could not find any.

We then asked our web host to see if they made any changes to our server from an update, which could cause this issue but they say they have not.
The odd thing is that we have a replica site (used for development) on another server, and we do not have this problem on the replica site - this is why we thought that the server we are on could be causing the issue????

We just cant figure it out because it works fine from my phone but not from all our PC's