Post by ClaudePlouffe » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 am

I noticed that master branch is missing many extensions (such as ups shipping extension) currently available in v3.0.3.2.
Are they missing because they will be excluded from the next release ?

Thanks

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:50 am

Hi Newbie !
Well, you will find out, as soon as the next Release exists ... :laugh:

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by OSWorX » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:09 pm

ClaudePlouffe wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:17 am
I noticed that master branch is missing many extensions (such as ups shipping extension) currently available in v3.0.3.2.
Are they missing because they will be excluded from the next release ?
And I am noticing, that it seems that you are lazy to search?
Simply read this: https://github.com/opencart/opencart/co ... cb634075d7

Extensions are removed from 3.1.x onwards.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:33 am

It's called - back to the roots - as it looks. :laugh:
But it will sure keep some from further playing that never ending 'upgrade'
Game any longer. Still, looking at it from the 'Cloud' point of view, it's probably
the most simple way, to achieve, what could be called a 'clean' OC Engine, to
build up from, what individual Users ask for on Mods. But not everybody will be
happy about it, I guess, especially those, always expecting more and more, with
every new release, and for nothing it return ... :choke: :laugh:

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by i2Paq » Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:10 pm

Wauw, that is a bold but wise(!) decision.

The only issue I see is that if these will end up being paid extensions many people will look for an all inclusive solution instead.

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by IP_CAM » Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:21 am

The only issue I see is that if these will end up being paid extensions many people will look for an all inclusive solution instead.

Well, OC cannot go on forever, as it did, it's like anything else, slowly reaching maturity. :D And depending on others, when it comes to free 'Additions' and 'Wisdom', is a rather uncertain Game, in a 'global' Phase of increasing selfishness and ignorance. And if it reaches full Maturity, Life in HX could be much easier, by concentrating just on those, willing to pay for Extensions and Support. :crazy:

We all know well, what's going on, surrounded by a good Number of Darkie's, trying, to earn their Share, with partly stolen Goods. And we are all aware of the fact, that the vast majoritiy of them will never contribute anything back to the OC Crowd, they only come here, if they need something. So, OC is really no longer a place of good Friends, it's more a Place of Competition.

For DEV's, it's more a MUST, in order to be known and so stay in Business. And for 'Freaks', it's a very mixed Experience at least, because, if they share too much (free) wisdom with others, Dev's wont like 'em much either, because they fear, to loose Business because of that. Just look at the Discussions, frequently going on. Some cry out load, if one mentions an older (Main) Version Code, to throw away that old outdated Piece of Garbage Crab, and they forget, that they once made good Money, by selling that Piece of Shit, as it's partly called today. :'(

And that, regardless of the proven fact, that my Version only needed ONE single File replaced, to work up to latest official PHP Release, in contrary to most all later Editions. Just to mention a simple sample thing, so point out the 'Controversy in itself', when it comes to a 'Distribution-Concept' like OpenCart. :crazy: :clown: It automatically creates Friends and Enemies, likely out of 'financial' Reasons only, and such will eventually kill an entire Project, in longer terms. I've seen some of them come, and go. Those at least, who had no concept, when the 'Community' around 'them' was no longer of much 'real' value and/or use ... :-* :P

Strictly from the Business Point of View ... :D
Ernie ( no offense, nothing personal .. )

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by i2Paq » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:15 pm

Thanks Ernie!

Followed the links in your footer, wow, never knew that story about 1.5.6.5.

So basically one is better of with "good old" 1.5.6.5 then 2.x or 3.x?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by IP_CAM » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:23 am

Well, it highly depends on what one is looking for. :D
My OC v.1.5.6.5 is just an Alternative for those, trying to keep independent,
when it comes to already existing (free) knowledge, extension-wise as well as
knowledge-wise. And v.1.5.6.4 already was a known solid base, as we all know,
and it's (final) Version 1.5.6.5_rc only contained a few fixes to problems, still
found in v.1.5.6.4, so, it was in nothing new, it's not even 'responsive' yet, as it
comes by official OC-(Download-) Default.

And a nice range of 'responsive' and 'real Bootstrap' Themes exists, paid + free,
up to the free 'default v.2.0.3.1'-themed Version from famous PEKU (PEKKA) from
cool Finland, to make it work and (front side) look like any later Version OC Theme.
And by use of this 'Extension' one can also use other Themes, based on the 2.0.3.1
default OC Theme 'way' of presenting a layout. The only 'major' change then was
the removal of the entire 'recurring' section in the 'theme - product.tpl' file.

For Un-Coders like me, it's still the most simple and easy way, to visually keep up
with later OC Versions, as well as technically obviously meeting requirements, to
handle up to latest PHP 7.4.10, after replacing one single controller encryption.php
file, the same fix (file) as needed in later OC Versions.
Then, adding an INT in all the 'controller' - Files, where this Line exists:
$page = $this->request->get['page']; in Routines, like listed below, by adding
that INT to the Line, according to some (security-related) infos published here:

Code: Select all

if (isset($this->request->get['page'])) {
	$page = (int)$this->request->get['page'];
} else {
	$page = 1;
}
(This Matter also depends on Themes + Extensions used, just to mention this !)

It will require a certain Style-Tech-knowledge, if one plans, to implement
'Standard 1.5.6.x' Extensions, doing some changes in Theme - related Files. One
needs to be aware of that. But other than that, default 1.5.6.x Mods should work.

But, to be honest, I also added/changed a few things, to keep up with latest knowledge,
partly found here, and some of it for later Versions, like adding that (INT) 'thing' in some
'controller' files, for the Page-Selection-whatever Routine, to seemengly so adding a
little more security to the system. It's mostly GREEK to me, so, more a 'trial+error' Game,
another good reason, to let others test it too :laugh:

And as long as it delievers more performance, compared with anything else, what
came later into the OC Scene, it was one more good reason, to keep it alive and well ... :laugh:
But since I 'm not able, to check everything out in real, I felt the need of sharing it with
others, acting as free Testers, it not only saves me a lot of work, but I will be sure, that
it works, should I ever plan, to start a 'real' Online Shop Business. :laugh: :crazy:

But it was sure not planned, to raise 'fundamental' Version Discussions, or
even get in Competition with whatever else. That has been mis-understud
in some Places. But OC is Open Source, and we should be free, to 'add' our
Knowledge and Work to the Community, without getting 'banged' on the head,
by some, trying to generate income with later Version Knowledge and Code.

OC v.1.5.6.5_rc is not a step-child, and it's not my fault, that it still (exists), even on
the official OC Github Download Site, just link-wise still 'pre-release-garbeled', to so
possibly avoid further discussions, or even harm the then new OC-2.x in any way. ... ;D
Change Log 1.5.6.4 - 1.5.6.5_rc:
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/bl ... angelog.md
OC Default Download: ( my php7-modified Default Code Download is available on my Github Site github.com/IP-CAM )
https://github.com/opencart/opencart/tr ... 306fb75707

Up to today, not one single good reason exists, not to use it. And if it fails one day, it's
DB can still be updated, to then meet the best known OC + PHP Version available.
And for a Newbie, it's for sure a much simpler way, to find out fundamentally, how OC
works, without getting involved in controversial discussions about 'stupid' things, like
using VqMod + OcMod both at the same time in a system, (by use of a 'default VqMod' Install!).

But that's my own Opinion, and I am aware of, that Extensions like Integrated VqMod exist,
to solve at least most of the Problems, related with 'combined' Use of Mods, doing the same,
just in different ways. :-\

Not everybody, coming here, belongs to the 'Forever-Upgraders'. Some of them are just plain
Business People, looking for, and relying on known and proven Software. But Coders are seldom
or never great Business People too, or they would know. And act accordingly ... :D

Ernie

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland