Post by Dutch Pride Code » Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:48 pm

Not sure what is happening here but I activated Google reCaptcha under Admin > Extensions > Extensions > Captchas and somehow the site key or secret key appears to be invalid. The Google reCaptcha validation on my store front-end says "ERROR for site owner: invalid site key". I copied the exact key that showed up in my Google Captcha settings, no spaces. Any instructions I could find on the internet tell me to generate a new key but there is no such option.

Anyone knows how to solve this?
Last edited by Dutch Pride Code on Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Johnathan » Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Double-check that your domain is entered correctly in the Google admin panel. You should be able to regenerate a new key by just deleting your existing keys/setup, and create a new one. You can do that here:

https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by Dutch Pride Code » Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:10 am

I switched to reCaptcha v2 and now it appears to be working!

Post by Johnathan » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:48 pm

Ah yes, if you're using v3 keys they won't work in the normal OpenCart captcha. It was created before v3 was out, so it doesn't explicitly mention that it uses the "normal v2" recaptcha, though it probably should in future releases.

Glad I could help you figure it out.

Administrator

Post by straightlight » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:22 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:48 pm
Ah yes, if you're using v3 keys they won't work in the normal OpenCart captcha. It was created before v3 was out, so it doesn't explicitly mention that it uses the "normal v2" recaptcha, though it probably should in future releases.

Glad I could help you figure it out.
Added in FAQ.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Dutch Pride Code » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:46 am

I don't know what version 3 does as I thought that it would do the "select traffic lights" or the "select all crosswalks" pop-up, but version 2 actually does this. It works perfectly ;D

Post by Johnathan » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:43 am

v3 runs in the background invisibly, and doesn't actually have a captcha that customers have to solve. It assigns the visitor a score and then you can prevent/allow submitting a form based on that score. I have a Google reCAPTCHA v3 extension that works with it, but it's different than the v2 captcha, so it may not be what you want. (It does have a v2 fallback option, though.)

I'm not sure what's on the roadmap for OpenCart 3.1, they may add support for v3, or they may stick with v2. As far as I know v2 is still secure, so you shouldn't have issues with bots or spam when using it.

Administrator

Post by sbillis » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 pm

I 'm facing the same problem with reCaptha V3.
I was using the pre-installed captha module in Opencart 3.0.3.2

We have to download another extension for reCaptha v3 ?
I found this one, reCaptcha v3 (https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... e=0&page=2) but say is for older version. Do I have to buy a new one ?

thanks in advance !

Post by Johnathan » Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:42 am

The pre-installed Google reCAPTCHA extension is for recaptcha v2. You need to sign up for the normal v2 keys (not the "invisible" ones, or the v3 ones) if you want to use the built-in one.

If you want a v3 recaptcha, you need to use a third-party extension at this point.

Administrator