Post by AliceH » Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 am

I have a joocart installed with opencart version 3.0.3.2, All of my products are downloadable and I only accept payments via PayPal, I have no use for peoples addresses and telephone numbers at all. I would ideally prefer people to register only via Joomla but then when they go to checkout they are asked for address details because that is what opencart requires. It is not however what I require and I want to get rid of it.
In previous versions of opencart I have been able to remove the code that makes these things required but I am having trouble finding a detailed answer on how to achieve this. I have searched for an extension to do this but I can only find one that removes those from the checkout but only if they are already in the customer's address book.
Can somebody please give me a step by step instruction on making address and telephone number not required in registration and checkout or be able to disable registration completely so that customers can register through Joomla only, or point me to an extension for opencart 3.0.3.2 that will do this. It is not sufficient to remove it from the checkout which is the only extension I have been able to find.
Please don't tell me why I should not do this, I am asking for instruction, not opinion. I would be very grateful for any helpful answers.
Last edited by AliceH on Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

https://www.embroidery-allsorts.com/

Location - Australia

Post by Burt65 » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:34 pm

AliceH wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 am
Please don't tell me why I should not do this, I am asking for instruction, not opinion. I would be very grateful for any helpful answers.
:laugh: :laugh:

Your last line made my day.. I completely agree with you. There are definitely too many users offering opinions instead of solutions on this forum, but perhaps the trend is slowly changing...

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by thekrotek » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:02 pm

Some checkout extensions allow this. If you're not a coder, I suggest you to buy such extension and don't mess around with the code. Or request a commercial support in a corresponding forum

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:04 pm

Burt65 wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:34 pm
Your last line made my day.. I completely agree with you. There are definitely too many users offering opinions instead of solutions on this forum, but perhaps the trend is slowly changing...
Yet I don't see a solution from you :crazy:

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:05 pm

AliceH wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:40 am
Can somebody please give me a step by step instruction on making address and telephone number not required in registration and checkout or be able to disable registration completely so that customers can register through Joomla only, or point me to an extension for opencart 3.0.3.2 that will do this. It is not sufficient to remove it from the checkout which is the only extension I have been able to find.
It's Joocart so it's unlikely most OpenCart extensions will work.

If someone isn't kind enough to give you all the code for free here, you should post a paid request on the Commercial Support Forum.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Post by AliceH » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:28 am

Thank you all for not a single helpful answer,
Some checkout extensions allow this. If you're not a coder, I suggest you to buy such extension and don't mess around with the code.
I have looked for an extension and cannot find one. I also very happy to mess around with code.
It's Joocart so it's unlikely most OpenCart extensions will work.
I use many opencart extensions in my joocart store most of them work just fine.

Location - Australia

Post by thekrotek » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:42 am

AliceH wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:28 am
I have looked for an extension and cannot find one.
Then you didn't really look for it, you just briefly browsed the Marketplace.
AliceH wrote:
I also very happy to mess around with code.
Then mess with it! Why even asking on forums for any advice, if you can do it yourself?

Professional OpenCart extensions, support and custom work.
Contact me via email or Skype by support@thekrotek.com

Expert Member

Post by sw!tch » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:52 am

AliceH wrote:
Thank you all for not a single helpful answer
I think most people here don't mind helping with some basic code, but, what you are trying to do is not just a couple lines of code. Address is integrated throughout opencart.

Further if you are using the default PayPal Standard Module, Address is tied into that, so even if you are able to pull address be prepared to rework your PayPal module. . A proper setup for this is much more involved then a couple lines of code.

The best answer is to save yourself the headache, potential lost sales, security issues. Simply hire a competent developer and have the checkout made as you require.

If you only provide downloads then maybe look into a different system entirely, something that is better geared towards digital goods.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Send a PM for Custom Work.
Backup and learn how to recover before you make any changes!

Post by AliceH » Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:01 am

thekrotek wrote:
Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:42 am
AliceH wrote:
I have looked for an extension and cannot find one.
Then you didn't really look for it, you just briefly browsed the Marketplace.
AliceH wrote:
I also very happy to mess around with code.
Then mess with it! Why even asking on forums for any advice, if you can do it yourself?
Are you trying really hard to be obnoxious or does it come naturally to you? I have spent ages looking and trying demos and have purchased some extension that have not worked. Why do you think you know what I have spent my time doing? As you clearly seem to have some idea that such a thing exists kindly post a link to it.
I have already stated that I would appreciate some assistance with where to find the code to change. just happy to get into it myself and change what needs to be changed with some direction.
But keep on bringing the unhelpful responses as you clearly find that entertaining as I have made it very clear what sort of help I need.

Location - Australia

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:15 pm

AliceH wrote:
Thank you all for not a single helpful answer
My answer was both clear and helpful:

1. Don't bother looking on the marketplace as you use Joocart, the extensions will probably not work.
2. Someone very kind here may do this work for you and tell you exactly what code to change for free, but I wouldn't count on it as it's a lot of work for a developer who has bills to pay.
3. If not, you should find and pay a developer by posting on the Commercial Support Forum.

Guru Member

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am

Well, it took me exactly 40 Seconds, to find two matching Extensions ... :laugh: :joker: :crazy: :drunk:
They do NOT the Job for you, but they show you, in detail, where what needs to be changed,
to make such Fields 1. not required, and 2. not to show up. And if the Database still
requires some Value, for what reason ever, just add some 'global' value to the now 'hidden' field
routine manually. ( Just to have it mentioned too, I'm not familiar with such ... )
With such free Information, it should be easy for you, to make it work. :D

Hide Fax Field
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... on_id=9653
Telephone not required
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36453

It must be the green Greta Chick, or then Mr. Trump, that the world has gotten so complicated... 8)
Ernie
Last edited by IP_CAM on Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:12 am, edited 2 times in total.

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by Burt65 » Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:06 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:04 pm
Yet I don't see a solution from you :crazy:
That's nice... ;)

Over 95% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair...

Location - Oz

Post by AliceH » Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:52 am

Thank you IP_CAM that worked.

Location - Australia

Post by Burt65 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:00 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:44 am
Well, it took me exactly 40 Seconds, to find two matching Extensions ... :laugh: :joker: :crazy: :drunk:
They do NOT the Job for you, but they show you, in detail, where what needs to be changed,
to make such Fields 1. not required, and 2. not to show up. And if the Database still
requires some Value, for what reason ever, just add some 'global' value to the now 'hidden' field
routine manually. ( Just to have it mentioned too, I'm not familiar with such ... )
With such free Information, it should be easy for you, to make it work. :D
Thanks Ernie, for keeping the spirit of the community alive and helping the other members..

Once again, the scavengers, will go hungry again... :laugh:

Location - Oz