Post by bargainguy » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:33 pm

i Need some help in the email notifications.

1: How can we do color changes and add logo in the default email When customer place an order ?

2: When order status is changed via edit order option, We have to go through every page using continue option to change status of the order, it is very time consuming due to the amount of clicks.

3:When order status is changed we receive a notification email stating the following description.

You have received an order.
Order ID: 18
Date Added: 11/11/2019
Order Status: Shipped

It states you "received" and order even when we change the status to shipped. Email shall state You "shipped the order"

If we are receiving this notification when order status is changed, i assume our customers will be receiving the notification that they placed an order and upon checking their emails then they will see the status of the order is actually shipped.

4: How can we add Tracking details in the Auto shipping Email. We use DPD Local.

Kind Regards

Post by paulfeakins » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:53 pm

What you're describing is a project you want done on your website so feel free to post it as a paid job in Commercial Support or contact a developer such as ourselves for a quote.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by bargainguy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:12 am

@paulfeakins,

Well point 2 and 3 are genuine open cart issues.

They need to be fixed Please. Leave the 1 and 4th ones.

Hope you will help

Post by bargainguy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:13 am

paulfeakins wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:53 pm
What you're describing is a project you want done on your website so feel free to post it as a paid job in Commercial Support or contact a developer such as ourselves for a quote.
:o well 2 and 3 are genuine open cart issues. they need to be resolved.

Leave the 1 and 4th for time being.

Post by letxobnav » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:33 am

for 2:
you can change the order status via order history iso order edit which is one click away.
and that actually generates a correctly worded status update email

for 3:
order edit actually sends mails, including alerts, as if it was a new order which is weird.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:14 pm

As above, for 2 and 3, the correct way to update order status is by viewing the order and clicking "Add History".

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by Fabienlolo » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:47 am

Hi Paul and letxobnav,
so you are saying that if i change order status by editing the order, going throught the 4 steps with the "continue" button, it will automatically send an email to customer, right?
But if i add order history through order viewing, order status will be the one of the latest history, and customer will be notify only if i clickbox "Notify customer". Otherwise, no notification right?
Because i want to make sure i do not send any notification to update order status.

Thanks guys for your confirmation on customer notification using the 2 differents ways.

@bargainguy ,
i am sorry, but i dont think point 2 or 3 are issues, this is just the way OC3 works. Now, i guess using "Add History" in the order viewing should solve the customer notification option as you can notify it or not .

Location - Q.Roo, Mexico