Post by saffamansoor » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:58 am

Hey,
I am trying to make a few changes in the Special.twig file outside the theme editor but can't see the changes on the site until I go to theme editor and save the changes.
On the other hand, changes made in menu.twig are seen if I edit it in outside editor (Sublime text).
I have turned off the cache from dashboard also i have cleared the browser cache, my system/storage/cache folder is also empty except for index file.
Please help!!!

Post by opencartmart » Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:36 am

What about system/storage/modification? Have you refreshed OCMod list after doing your changes?

XForm - Opencart Form Builder
Xshippingpro - An advanced Shipping Module
Need Professional support? Skype: opencartmart

Post by kestas » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:43 am

and also do not forget clear the cache. In admin dashboard right upper corner blue gear icon.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by saffamansoor » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:42 pm

opencartmart wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 2:36 am
What about system/storage/modification? Have you refreshed OCMod list after doing your changes?
yep, done that already.

Post by saffamansoor » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:43 pm

kestas wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:43 am
and also do not forget clear the cache. In admin dashboard right upper corner blue gear icon.
done that already

Post by letxobnav » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:49 pm

did you edit that file before in the theme editor?
Once you edit a file there, it will always pick that source which is stored in the database and ignore the original source.
So if you have edited the file before, any changes you make to that file outside of the editor are ignored.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by saffamansoor » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:08 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:49 pm
did you edit that file before in the theme editor?
Once you edit a file there, it will always pick that source which is stored in the database and ignore the original source.
So if you have edited the file before, any changes you make to that file outside of the editor are ignored.
not really, i just installed the module and made changes in the original source. even other module twig files (e.g. featured.twig) are not showing changes.
why is that only module twig files are not updating? others are.

Post by letxobnav » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:14 pm

well, check if that file exists in your modification directory or in your theme table in the database as those would be used instead of the original.
I am not sure which one would be executed if it exists in both.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by saffamansoor » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:45 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:14 pm
well, check if that file exists in your modification directory or in your theme table in the database as those would be used instead of the original.
I am not sure which one would be executed if it exists in both.
i can see the file in oc_theme table and not in oc_modification (if u mean oc_modification by modification directory)

Post by letxobnav » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:05 pm

well, I mean the directory where you put your modifications, you set that in config.php.

But back on topic, if that file exists in the theme table, then you edited it before in the theme editor and as such OC will use the code stored in that table and ignore your original file and any changes you make to that.
Then again, the file should then show up in your editor no?

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by saffamansoor » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:31 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:05 pm
well, I mean the directory where you put your modifications, you set that in config.php.

But back on topic, if that file exists in the theme table, then you edited it before in the theme editor and as such OC will use the code stored in that table and ignore your original file and any changes you make to that.
Then again, the file should then show up in your editor no?
Yeah, any solution you have?

Post by letxobnav » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:01 pm

well, the choice is yours, either continue to modify that file using the theme editor or copy what you have in the theme editor to the original (as to not lose your changes), remove the file from the theme editor and continue with changing original or start using ocmod in which case the changes would end up in your modification folder, same principle, different method.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan