Post by dmgroom » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:35 pm

Apologies for what is probably a very obvious couple of questions, but I'm not familiar with VQMOD.

I am running OC 3.0.2 and most of the extensions I have installed use OCMOD
in the /public/vqmod/xml directory there are two files:

AdminCategoryFilter.xml and
vqmod_opencart.xml

There is now a version of AdminCategoryFilter based on OCMOD

1) Am I correct in thinking that the only extension using VQMOD is the old AdminCategoryFilter extension?
2) If I delete AdminCategoryFilter.xml from the /public/vqmod/xml directory, and install the OCMOD version of AdminCategoryFilter, is it then safe to delete VQMOD?
3) To delete VQMOD all I need do is to restore the /public/index.php and /public/admin/index.php to the default OC installation files, and then delete the /public/vqmod/ directory

thanks in advance for your help

Post by OSWorX » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:23 pm

Basically you are correct and this would be the procedere to uninstall VQMod.

Btw.: OCMod is already an integrated part of OpenCart since version 2.x, so if an extension does not rely on VQMod do not install and use it.
And if an extension for 2.x or 3.x needs VQMod, forget it - the developer should convert it to an OCMod compatible extension.

Full Stack Web Developer :: Dedicated OpenCart Development & Support DACH Region
Contact for Custom Work / Fast Support.

Guru Member

Location - Austria

Post by DANDTON » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:29 am

Hello my friend, have you uninstalled vqmod successfully please? I met the same situation as you, to installed a vqmod AdminCatagoryFilter, and soon found a free version that is in ocmod. I am oc 3.0.2.0

Post by Johnathan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:12 pm

Yes, this process is correct for uninstalling vQmod:

"To delete VQMOD all [you] need do is to restore the /public/index.php and /public/admin/index.php to the default OC installation files, and then delete the /public/vqmod/ directory"

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by psytanium » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:46 pm

Johnathan wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:12 pm
Yes, this process is correct for uninstalling vQmod:

"To delete VQMOD all [you] need do is to restore the /public/index.php and /public/admin/index.php to the default OC installation files, and then delete the /public/vqmod/ directory"
What if I don't have the original index.php files now ?

Post by Johnathan » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:31 pm

Download the original bundle for your OpenCart version, they will be in there:

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... ad/history

If it's older than 1.5.6 post your index.php contents here, and I can tell you what you'd need to change.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by lombert » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:35 am

Not direct related but some. I just get this error; VQMod::bootup - ERROR - YOU NEED THE PHP "DOMDocument" EXTENSION INSTALLED TO USE VQMod

I have not change anything, and my cPanel PHP have the DOM activated. So I looking for any solution. And one is to uninstall vqmod. But before I do that, I just wanted to hear if any one have got this error "just out of the blue". If I look/read on the error all says its not a OC error, but I cant find any real solution on this. I have contacted my host, but is now midnight here so they will probably not answer.

So if any one have any idea I'm listening.
OC 3.0.3.2
PHP 7.4
cPanel

EDIT: I got some help from my web host in the middle of the night. The "fixed" it. They did this;
No, I have found that there was PHP code in .htaccess which was causing the issue. I have disabled it and it is working again
#<IfModule mime_module>
# AddHandler application/x-httpd-alt-php72___lsphp .php .php7 .phtml
#</IfModule>
and this;
Also, I have disabled the php.ini and .user.ini to fix the issue
and this;
Have you recently changed the PHP version, because currently it is PHP 7.4
If you have changed it recently there for you are facing the issue for it
Is this any I need to check up? Or is it correct?

Post by JNeuhoff » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:10 pm

OSWorX wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:23 pm
Btw.: OCMod is already an integrated part of OpenCart since version 2.x, so if an extension does not rely on VQMod do not install and use it.
And if an extension for 2.x or 3.x needs VQMod, forget it - the developer should convert it to an OCMod compatible extension.
While there is a built-in OCmod in later OpenCart 2.x releases, it used to be unstable and was subject to a number of changes till it became more stable in OpenCart 3.x versions.

Developers for OpenCart 3.x should use event handlers, not OCmod nor VQmod. The upcoming OpenCart 3.1.x might not even include OCmod anymore! XML is a structured markup language, intended to be used mainly for documents and protocols, it's not meant to be a programming language. Whenever we need an extension, given a choice between one relying on OCmod, and another one using events, we'd always go for the latter.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by letxobnav » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:19 pm

the event system was also not designed for code changes.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by jrr » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:17 am

JNeuhoff wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:10 pm
OSWorX wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:23 pm
While there is a built-in OCmod in later OpenCart 2.x releases, it used to be unstable and was subject to a number of changes till it became more stable in OpenCart 3.x versions.

Developers for OpenCart 3.x should use event handlers, not OCmod nor VQmod. The upcoming OpenCart 3.1.x might not even include OCmod anymore! XML is a structured markup language, intended to be used mainly for documents and protocols, it's not meant to be a programming language. Whenever we need an extension, given a choice between one relying on OCmod, and another one using events, we'd always go for the latter.
Isn't this contribution yours?
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19501
Aren't you recommending using it?
Sorry, I'm getting more than a bit confused by the mixed messages I see here regarding VqMod/OcMod. I know not all developers will agree on how OC should look and feel, but it seems to me you are giving different advice here. Or am I missing something (which won't be the first time!)?

jrr

Post by JNeuhoff » Sun Jul 05, 2020 7:49 pm

jrr wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:17 am
Isn't this contribution yours?
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=19501
Aren't you recommending using it?
Sorry, I'm getting more than a bit confused by the mixed messages I see here regarding VqMod/OcMod. I know not all developers will agree on how OC should look and feel, but it seems to me you are giving different advice here. Or am I missing something (which won't be the first time!)?
Yes it is. And it is useful for many existing extensions. However for future developments I always recommend the usage of event handlers or extended classes to add modified behavior to OpenCart core functionality. This will result in more longterm stability.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member