Post by jmoncrieff » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:46 pm

Hi,
I'm currently looking into possibly upgrading our 2.0.1.1 to the latest version 3.0.3.2
I've a lot of concerns about breaking the theme ( was custom built I believe - i've inherited maintenance of this site)

I'm comfortable with html and css, but know very little php. I've been looking at how to edit twig template files.
However, on the twig documentation, it states that 'Twig needs at least php 7.0.0 to run'
On my test install of the new shop, the min php requirement was for PHP 5.4 or higher - I have 5.6

Am i going to need php7 to rebuild the theme?
Or do .tpl files still work (as long as the .tpl and .twig aren't mixed - think I remember reading this somewhere)

Scared to progress with the update if I break our shop and can't repair it ???

Post by rjcalifornia » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 pm

jmoncrieff wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:46 pm
Hi,
I'm currently looking into possibly upgrading our 2.0.1.1 to the latest version 3.0.3.2
I've a lot of concerns about breaking the theme ( was custom built I believe - i've inherited maintenance of this site)

I'm comfortable with html and css, but know very little php. I've been looking at how to edit twig template files.
However, on the twig documentation, it states that 'Twig needs at least php 7.0.0 to run'
On my test install of the new shop, the min php requirement was for PHP 5.4 or higher - I have 5.6

Am i going to need php7 to rebuild the theme?
Or do .tpl files still work (as long as the .tpl and .twig aren't mixed - think I remember reading this somewhere)

Scared to progress with the update if I break our shop and can't repair it ???
You will have to upgrade/rebuild the theme:

https://github.com/opencart/opencart/wi ... 2.3-to-3.0

I suggest you to work on a local version of the store.

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by paulfeakins » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:44 pm

rjcalifornia wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 pm
You will have to upgrade/rebuild the theme
Unfortunately I think this will be the case too.

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by jmoncrieff » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Thanks for the answers guys - thought that might be the case
...off to learn PHP twig I guess :(