Post by rog_ashbury » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:37 pm

:)

I'm sure it's me, but I can't get coupons to work on my site at all. I want to sell someone a replacement (higher price) product at the same price as the original. I started by putting in a new coupon for the difference amount and linked it to the replacement product. Did an order - no sign of the coupon.

OK, so I then activated the default '10.00 fixed amount' coupon against another product, placed an order for that, again no sign of the coupon appearing in the order process.

I've been using 'guest account' with log in not required but I tried again with a 'registered account' ie me and still no sign of the coupon. With the '10.00' coupon I left the total amount at 10.00 but with my new coupon I tried changing the amount to various figures less than the actual total but that didn't have any effect.

Do I have to have another setting enabled somewhere to make Coupons, which are enabled, work?

I'm in 1.4.7, soft grey template BTW

Does anyone know what I need to do? I haven't given a link to my site because it's not active yet (although someone found it and already placed an order on it ) but I will do if that's necessary.

Roger

BTW I just tried doing a coupon in another site that I have (again, still not active) which is in an earlier version of Open Cart and that worked fine for me ???

Post by rog_ashbury » Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:44 pm

Replying to my own posting - it's a template problem. I changed back to default template and coupon works correctly.

Looks like I'll have to make my own grey template. Hopefully it's only the images that have been edited ::)

Roger

PS I've just confirmed that Coupons don't work in the Black Shadow template either. I've only got them working in the default template just now.

Hmmmmm...

Post by badgerandhone » Fri Jul 02, 2010 7:16 am

I would appreciate a fix for this problem if anyone's got any ideas?

Cheers in advance

Post by i2Paq » Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:52 pm

badgerandhone wrote:I would appreciate a fix for this problem if anyone's got any ideas?

Cheers in advance
Who build your template?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by rog_ashbury » Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:46 pm

Norman, take a look at my reply to this in the other thread

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 654#p81878

1.4.8 has an updated template and stylesheet - lots more in them to account for things like the cart function, the little add and remove buttons, stuff like that

Roger

Post by i2Paq » Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:27 am

rog_ashbury wrote:Norman, take a look at my reply to this in the other thread

http://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.php ... 654#p81878

1.4.8 has an updated template and stylesheet - lots more in them to account for things like the cart function, the little add and remove buttons, stuff like that

Roger
I'm no template builder, sorry.
Also, I have no clue who build that template.

You can contact the creator here: opencart-design.

Have you read the topic about updating older templates to work with 1.4.8?

Norman in 't Veldt
Moderator OpenCart Forums

_________________ READ and Search BEFORE POSTING _________________

Our FREE search: Find your answer FAST!.

[How to] BTW + Verzend + betaal setup.

Global Moderator

Location - Winkel - The Netherlands

Post by hazymat » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:38 am

I have just finished updating all of my templates to 1.4.8, so I know what's where. If you need any specific help give me a shout.