Post by eric47905 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:03 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:59 am
OC hides the left column on small devices by default in catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/column-left.php

Code: Select all

<aside id="column-left" class="col-sm-3 hidden-xs">
so if you put the filter module in there via layout, remove the hidden-xs part or move the filter module to another part of the layout.
So I tried to delete the hidden-xs from column-left.twig, but when I do that my site goes blank white and there is no way to recover from it. I tried redoing the change and saving the twig file again, and clearing the cache's but still nothing on the home page. Also error logs are empty in admin and on my server. I tried reloading the file through ftp and still the homepage of the site just remains white. Just to be sure I blew out the site files and the database, and re-setup the entire site and if I try to make the same change, same things happens, turns the site to a blank white screen and apparently no amount of undoing the simple thing of deleting that one comment can fix it so Im not sure where the issue is. Normally if you break something you simply replace it and it works again so not sure what is happening here in opencart that breaks it and keeps it broken.

Any ideas of how else to show the left column in mobileview in opencart 3?

I'm using 3.0.3.2 and default theme, and only installed a time sync ocmod, and a show info pages in menu ocmod

Post by letxobnav » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:27 pm

what does catalog/view/theme/default/template/common/column-left.twig look like after you make the change?

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by eric47905 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:07 am

{% if modules %}
<aside id="column-left" class="col-sm-3">
  {% for module in modules %}
  {{ module }}
  {% endfor %}
</aside>
{% endif %}
Simply removed the hidden-xs after col-sm-3

Post by letxobnav » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:24 am

right, that will never cause the issues you are describing.

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by eric47905 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:44 pm

That's why I am confused as well. Must be a host issue of some sort because I went in and did it again (Simply removed the hidden-xs comment) and the same thing happened. Had to blow out the entire site again. So my site dying issues aside, that edit should work to show the left nav on the mobile version you are saying?

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:38 pm

To confirm again ..

column-left is by default hidden when the screen size gets extra small

So if your filter is in the left hand column - it will be hidden when the screen gets smaller than 767px - i.e. .. hidden on extra small screen = hidden-xs

so yes .... remove the hidden-xs and it will not be hidden on screens smaller than 767px - which a mobile is ...

alternatively, you could add the css (change actually, which is what the hidden-xs is being used by)

aside#column-left.col-sm-3.hidden-xs  {
    display: block !important;
}
and even add this also

@media (max-width: 767px) {
 aside#column-left.col-sm-3.hidden-xs {
  }
}

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by eric47905 » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:07 am

by mona wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:38 pm
To confirm again ..

column-left is by default hidden when the screen size gets extra small

So if your filter is in the left hand column - it will be hidden when the screen gets smaller than 767px - i.e. .. hidden on extra small screen = hidden-xs

so yes .... remove the hidden-xs and it will not be hidden on screens smaller than 767px - which a mobile is ...

alternatively, you could add the css (change actually, which is what the hidden-xs is being used by)

}
and even add this also

@media (max-width: 767px) {
 }
}
Sorry for the late reply here, ended up being busy the last couple months and couldn't get back around to messing with it. Checked it out today though and your suggestions worked flawlessly to add to css! Thank you very much. No longer getting the broken site and the left column now showing on mobile!

Post by nexus85 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:22 am

Is it also possible to put the filter just below the category in the mobile version? I want to collapse it like the category menu in the mobile version?

Ontwikkeld de site Kluizen Discount

Post by letxobnav » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:29 am

if displayed, the left column is the first thing to display under the mobile menu so if you put the filters there...
The collapsing of the filters you would have to handle yourself.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by nexus85 » Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:46 am

letxobnav wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:29 am
if displayed, the left column is the first thing to display under the mobile menu so if you put the filters there...
The collapsing of the filters you would have to handle yourself.
Do you know how I can make it collapse?
Last edited by nexus85 on Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ontwikkeld de site Kluizen Discount

Post by letxobnav » Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:14 am

you would have to wrap it in a div with the collapse or accordion class, there are many example on the internet on how to do that.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan