Post by McChoby » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:29 pm

Hello, I have a problem with editing description of products. I must use tables for description of my products in order to compare one product to another. While I type text and tables everything is fine but when I save it, it only shows some part of it. I switched to Source mode to try to type it there but it is the same thing, everything is fine until I press Save button. I checked again in Source and I found out that my Source is limited only to 270 lines. Everything beyond that is going to be erased after I press Save button. I also checked with every other product and it is the same thing. I tried to find myself where that config file is located but I couldn't find it at all. I will attach a screenshot of my Source code to be more specific and clear in case you guys didn't understand me. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Screenshot_2019-09-07 Products.png

Screenshot_2019-09-07 Products.png (77.73 KiB) Viewed 1719 times

Post by IP_CAM » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:59 pm

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by McChoby » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:57 am

First of all, thank you for your replay but, to be honest, I feel offended with it. Of course the Google search is the very first thing I always do when I look for any kind of solution for any problem. So, that I did first, there is no need to send me that one as a replay. If I found solution I wouldn't ask on this forum.

Secondly, that is not what my problem is. I don't know if you read my post carefuly but I specified that my problem is not the visual field of description of product, my problem is limit of code in Source to line 270, as you can see it in attachment. To be more precise, if I want to write 30 words (which can easily fit in textarea field visualy), and each one needs 10 lines of code in Source (for style and other attributes), my textarea shows only 27 words because everything beyond code line 270 in Source is deleted.

So, in my opinion, the problem is some limit in Source coding if there is such thing. Hope I was clearer and you would understand me better. Thanks. Cheers!

Post by IP_CAM » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 am

Well, it was not my intention, to make you feel bad. So, I won't intimidate
you any longer, and just add an image, explaining, why you use so much
'code', by example, to display an empty Section, containing nothing, but
only an simple ' ' space command. :-\ 8)
cKeditors are nice tools, but about 80% percent of their Code is
unneeded garbage, if one is only a little fluent in simple regular HTML. ;)
Good Luck!
Ernie
---
Image:
download/file.php?mode=view&id=37615

5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by by mona » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:51 am

Please do not be offended, it is rare that people bother to return to say thank you, let alone appreciate the quality of the knowledge they receive.
Even if it is misunderstood - it was offered for free and in good faith -

You did not mention any theme - nevertheless, I took the time to stop what I was doing, check and take screenshots for you. IF I understand you and you see my screenshots - I have this working just fine on OC 1.5.6.4 - this would suggest there is a problem somewhere else
Possibly your theme, maybe the database table has been edited to reduce the number of characters, maybe something else

and maybe I do not understand your problem ..

Attachments

Screen-Shot-2019-09-09b.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-09-09b.jpg (54.39 KiB) Viewed 1631 times

Screen-Shot-2019-09-09a.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-09-09a.jpg (325.38 KiB) Viewed 1631 times

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by IP_CAM » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 am

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland

Post by McChoby » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:08 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:29 am
Well, it was not my intention, to make you feel bad. So, I won't intimidate
you any longer, and just add an image, explaining, why you use so much
'code', by example, to display an empty Section, containing nothing, but
only an simple ' ' space command. :-\ 8)
cKeditors are nice tools, but about 80% percent of their Code is
unneeded garbage, if one is only a little fluent in simple regular HTML. ;)
Good Luck!
Ernie
---
Image:
download/file.php?mode=view&id=37615
Thank you for your response and you are completely right about that one, there is always a way to remove all of that garbage and that is exactly what I am doing in all of descriptions of products but the thing is that this website is not something I was created. If I was, I would never did something like that. But the previous guy did it on all of 10 000 + products during his time working for this company. So it is much easier for me to change that limit of lines (or characters) to higher number and just simply add all stuff that I need to add on all products now. :o :choke:

Post by McChoby » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:24 pm

by mona wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:51 am
Please do not be offended, it is rare that people bother to return to say thank you, let alone appreciate the quality of the knowledge they receive.
Even if it is misunderstood - it was offered for free and in good faith -

You did not mention any theme - nevertheless, I took the time to stop what I was doing, check and take screenshots for you. IF I understand you and you see my screenshots - I have this working just fine on OC 1.5.6.4 - this would suggest there is a problem somewhere else
Possibly your theme, maybe the database table has been edited to reduce the number of characters, maybe something else

and maybe I do not understand your problem ..
I will always say "thank you" even if it is not helpful. I appreciate when someone even TRY to help me, and for that only I would always be grateful. :)
My theme is custom one and its name is "MarketShop".
I think the same, that the problem is inside some of config files, but I searched everywhere across internet and couldn't find that solution. I think that my biggest problem is that even though I have experience with website building this is actually my first time that I am working with OC. So it could be some very trivial thing but still it is unknown to me.
And last but not least, YES, you understood me well, that is EXACTLY what my problem is. In my case my code after line 270 is deleted, in yours it surpasses that number by far.
Thanks again.

Post by McChoby » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:09 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 am
Just in case ... ;)
it's either:
https://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.p ... 03#p631757
or:
I am pretty sure that it is one of these.
But the path from post viewtopic.php?t=166003#p631757 is not applicable to my theme and I was not able to find the right path. This solution I tried even before posting on forum. I tried everywhere through my files to find that particular setting but couldn't do it. And that is most frustrating, the fact that I think I know what is the problem but not be able to find it. :choke: :'( ??? Just to mention, my theme is custom one, to make it worse.

And the other thing is the fact that I can't go to phpMyAdmin because our host provider won't give me access. Thanks for your time and help, anyway. :)

Post by xxvirusxx » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:14 pm

McChoby wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:09 pm
And the other thing is the fact that I can't go to phpMyAdmin because our host provider won't give me access.
Lol, why?

Upgrade Service | OC 2.3.0.2 PHP 8 | My Custom OC 3.0.3.8 | Buy me a beer

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by McChoby » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:13 pm

xxvirusxx wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:14 pm
McChoby wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:09 pm
And the other thing is the fact that I can't go to phpMyAdmin because our host provider won't give me access.
Lol, why?
Yeah, I know.
Our company sells home appliances but there is another company (computer oriented company) which hosts our server for website, our email server, our cash register (that works online) server etc. So, as different company they won't let us use their cPanel but they let us use FTP to which I have full access. They are asking additional money for maintaining our website but as there is no need for that because we can do it on our own they won't help us in any way. So I have access to OC Admin panel, I have access to FTP files but I don't have access to cPanel of website on host server.

Post by McChoby » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:39 pm

IP_CAM wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:57 am
Just in case ... ;)
it's either:
https://forum.opencart.com/viewtopic.p ... 03#p631757
or:
Thank you for your help, it turned out to be mediumtext setting after all. Thanks again. :) Cheers!