Post by dreamportugal » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:41 pm

Good morning,

A few months ago I have update my OC from 2.0.1.1 to 2.3.0.2, but i choose an horrible theme that I had to replace it.

Finally I have my store online with the new theme, but now I'm having a problem, since it's online ( 27-08 ) google analytics stopped being able to track my sales, it can track traffic but not sales.

I have Google Analytics extension installed like in the previous OC with the code that I copy from my analytics account.

Any ideas where the problem is?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hugo Carvalho
DREAMPORTUGAL

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:48 am

dreamportugal wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:41 pm
Good morning,

A few months ago I have update my OC from 2.0.1.1 to 2.3.0.2, but i choose an horrible theme that I had to replace it.

Finally I have my store online with the new theme, but now I'm having a problem, since it's online ( 27-08 ) google analytics stopped being able to track my sales, it can track traffic but not sales.

I have Google Analytics extension installed like in the previous OC with the code that I copy from my analytics account.

Any ideas where the problem is?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hugo Carvalho
DREAMPORTUGAL
Did you make sure the Google Analytics extension is compatible with your current OpenCart version?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by dreamportugal » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:53 pm

Hi rjcalifornia,

Thank you for the reply, to be honest the extension wasn't installed by me, I believe it's the extension that comes with OC by default.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Hugo Carvalho
DREAMPORTUGAL

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:22 pm

So are you using OpenCart's builtin Google Analytics, or another extension? Does your new web theme uses a different header template which may prevent a 3rd party sales tracking extension to modify to add the tracking script? What's the URL of your site?

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by dreamportugal » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Hi JNeuhoff,

Thank you for the reply, yes I'm using the builtin Google Analytics, the theme is Journal for OC 2.x
I opened a support ticket with the Journal Theme Support Theme and they said it's not related with the theme and they told me to get support here.
"Hi,
That's surely not something theme related, please check if your Google Analytics code is properly placed first. For more information about Opencart related issues please use Opencart forums at http://forum.opencart.com"

The url is www.dreamportugal.pt
Thank you.
Best regards,
Hugo Carvalho
DREAMPORTUGAL

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:36 pm

While Journal is one of the worst themes for OpenCart, this time I have to agree with them. Looking at your source code I can see this:

Code: Select all

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=UA-nnnnnnnn-1"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'UA-nnnnnnnn-1');
</script>
Is this the kind of code you put into your OpenCart at Extensions > Modules > Analytics > Google Analytics ?

I don't think it will track your sales, but only page views.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by dreamportugal » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:17 pm

Hi,

Yes, the code I have there is like the one you post it, it's the code I have available at analytics site.

If that's not the correct one can you please tell me where can I get it?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

DREAMPORTUGAL

Post by JNeuhoff » Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:49 pm

There's no simple copy and paste code for this. You'll have to search the Opencart Marketplace for it. We have one, but it's only for newer 3.0.x extensions.

Guru Member

Post by dreamportugal » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:23 pm

Hi JNeuhoff,
The strange thing is that I had it working, and no other extension than the default one. This stopped working since I changed the theme.
Best regards,
DREAMPORTUGAL

Post by JNeuhoff » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:47 pm

It basically comes down to this: https://support.google.com/analytics/an ... 9612?hl=en

There should be some Opencart Market extension which have support for this. A fully fledged Google Tag Manager support on the OpenCart end is quite complex, but in your case all you want is tracking page views and purchase events.

Guru Member

Expert Member

Location - România

Post by rjcalifornia » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:50 am

dreamportugal wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:17 pm
Hi,

Yes, the code I have there is like the one you post it, it's the code I have available at analytics site.

If that's not the correct one can you please tell me where can I get it?

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,

DREAMPORTUGAL
That's strange. Did you follow these instructions:

https://www.opencart.com/blog?page=12&blog_id=149

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide