Post by pietnlindy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:21 pm

I have been trying to setup the "Facebook Ads Extension" so my products automatically get posted into my Facebook Shop
I tried and had issues with my FB account so I tried to uninstall it from FB and OC 3.0.3.2
I now try to reinstall the extension using the "Installer" and in uploads and installs fine.
I go into Extensions -> Extensions -> Modules I can install and uninstall "Facebook Ads Extension" but
When I go to Extensions -> Modifications to try to uninstall it I get "Warning: You do not have permission to modify modifications!"

If I try to go to System -> Users -> User Groups and edit "Administrator" I select all and try to save and I get
Warning: You do not have permission to modify user groups!

I cant edite System -> Settings either.... Warning: You do not have permission to modify settings!

What have I killed and how do I fix it please?
Last edited by pietnlindy on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by by mona » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:42 pm

OCMOD or vqmod?
1. OCMOD => make sure you have refreshed modifications
2. vqmod => make sure you have refreshed vqmod
3. Dashboard => cog top right refresh
check again

Can you access your database directly and are you VERY careful ?
In the original OC installation you should find an sql file - you will find this in the INSTALL folder
Find the section with user_group - here is the original OC permissions you can copy and paste that directly into the database to give you access into the user permissions

looks something like this
catalog\\/attribute","catalog\\/attribute_group","catalog\\/category","catalog\\/download","catalog\\/filter","catalog\\/information","catalog\\/manufacturer","catalog\\/option","catalog\\/product","catalog\\/recurring","catalog\\/review","common\\/column_left","common\\/developer","common\\/filemanager","common\\/profile","common\\/security","customer\\/custom_field","customer\\/customer","customer\\/customer_approval","customer\\/customer_group","design\\/banner","design\\/layout","design\\/theme","design\\/translation","design\\/seo_url","event\\/statistics","event\\/theme","extension\\/advertise\\/google","extension\\/analytics\\/google","extension\\/captcha\\/basic","extension\\/captcha\\/google","extension\\/dashboard\\/activity","extension\\/dashboard\\/chart","extension\\/dashboard\\/customer","extension\\/dashboard\\/map","extension\\/dashboard\\/online","extension\\/dashboard\\/order","extension\\/dashboard\\/recent","extension\\/dashboard\\/sale","extension\\/extension\\/advertise","extension\\/extension\\/analytics","extension\\/extension\\/captcha","extension\\/extension\\/
You can also run the user_group sql - with the correct prefix

NOTE: ACCESSING THE DATABASE DIRECTLY CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS - YOU CAN COMPLETELY DESTROY YOUR SITE

As I understand your site can be completely re-installed anyway, as it has just been set up, but if I am wrong, back-up your database first -

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by pietnlindy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:54 pm

by mona wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:42 pm
OCMOD or vqmod?
1. OCMOD => make sure you have refreshed modifications
2. vqmod => make sure you have refreshed vqmod
3. Dashboard => cog top right refresh
check again

Can you access your database directly and are you VERY careful ?
In the original OC installation you should find an sql file - you will find this in the INSTALL folder
Find the section with user_group - here is the original OC permissions you can copy and paste that directly into the database to give you access into the user permissions

looks something like this
catalog\\/attribute","catalog\\/attribute_group","catalog\\/category","catalog\\/download","catalog\\/filter","catalog\\/information","catalog\\/manufacturer","catalog\\/option","catalog\\/product","catalog\\/recurring","catalog\\/review","common\\/column_left","common\\/developer","common\\/filemanager","common\\/profile","common\\/security","customer\\/custom_field","customer\\/customer","customer\\/customer_approval","customer\\/customer_group","design\\/banner","design\\/layout","design\\/theme","design\\/translation","design\\/seo_url","event\\/statistics","event\\/theme","extension\\/advertise\\/google","extension\\/analytics\\/google","extension\\/captcha\\/basic","extension\\/captcha\\/google","extension\\/dashboard\\/activity","extension\\/dashboard\\/chart","extension\\/dashboard\\/customer","extension\\/dashboard\\/map","extension\\/dashboard\\/online","extension\\/dashboard\\/order","extension\\/dashboard\\/recent","extension\\/dashboard\\/sale","extension\\/extension\\/advertise","extension\\/extension\\/analytics","extension\\/extension\\/captcha","extension\\/extension\\/
You can also run the user_group sql - with the correct prefix

NOTE: ACCESSING THE DATABASE DIRECTLY CAN BE VERY DANGEROUS - YOU CAN COMPLETELY DESTROY YOUR SITE

As I understand your site can be completely re-installed anyway, as it has just been set up, but if I am wrong, back-up your database first -
OMG!!!!
I cant even refresh modifications...... Warning: You do not have permission to modify modifications!

I can access my database....phpMyAdmin and I have been working on my site for about 60 hours so it is not new anymore :(

Fixed it.......I made a new installation in a sub domain....accessed the database as you suggested. coppied the info out of user_group and pasted into the old database...

THANK YOU for your help

Post by by mona » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:10 pm

before you do anything - back up your database (BTW - do not use the opencart backup - this just restores data -you should always have a structure backup)

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:26 pm

You are welcome -

Taking a look at the extension you installed - admin/controller/extension/module/xxxx.php and look for
public function uninstall
just check this does not say anything about the user_group ..

also check
public function install
$this->model_user_user_group->addPermission ......
if this is written (twice) and what is written

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by pietnlindy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:40 pm

by mona wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:10 pm
before you do anything - back up your database (BTW - do not use the opencart backup - this just restores data -you should always have a structure backup)
How or what does a structured backup?

Post by by mona » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:00 pm

In your myphpadmin panel => EXPORT => Quick or Custom => Custom (screenshot)

By default a quick backup will include structure and data and also a CREATE statement
but if you add a DROP statement also - it will rebuild your whole database

If you look at the sql file we discussed earlier
that is what it creates, but as a snapshot of the current state of your site

Attachments

Screen-Shot-2019-08-03.jpg

Screen-Shot-2019-08-03.jpg (31.61 KiB) Viewed 2658 times

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member

Post by pietnlindy » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:03 pm

by mona wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:00 pm
In your myphpadmin panel => EXPORT => Quick or Custom => Custom (screenshot)

By default a quick backup will include structure and data and also a CREATE statement
but if you add a DROP statement also - it will rebuild your whole database

If you look at the sql file we discussed earlier
that is what it creates, but as a snapshot of the current state of your site
Thanks mate

Post by iDragonFly^ » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:10 pm

pietnlindy wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:21 pm
I have been trying to setup the "Facebook Ads Extension" so my products automatically get posted into my Facebook Shop
I tried and had issues with my FB account so I tried to uninstall it from FB and OC 3.0.3.2
I now try to reinstall the extension using the "Installer" and in uploads and installs fine.
I go into Extensions -> Extensions -> Modules I can install and uninstall "Facebook Ads Extension" but
When I go to Extensions -> Modifications to try to uninstall it I get "Warning: You do not have permission to modify modifications!"

If I try to go to System -> Users -> User Groups and edit "Administrator" I select all and try to save and I get
Warning: You do not have permission to modify user groups!

I cant edite System -> Settings either.... Warning: You do not have permission to modify settings!

What have I killed and how do I fix it please?
Before working on anything on DB, try this solution in this post, it may help you.

viewtopic.php?f=190&t=169431