Post by ArtGallery » Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:49 am

Using the Image Manager to upload a new image for a product gives me the Success: Your file has been uploaded! notice but the image is not visible in the Image Manager window. I can see older images but not any of the newly uploaded ones. If I log out of the Admin then back in I can see the new images. This was happening with OC 3.0.3.1 a while ago as well but it was fixed but I can't find my notes as to how.

The files are there, just not visible in the Image Manager menu. Files uploaded by FTP also are not showing up. I tried the refresh button in the Image Manager, refreshed as well as disabled and refreshed the Theme and the SASS OpenCart caches in the "Gear" icon Developer Settings menu of the Admin dashboard - nothing worked. The only way I can get the newly uploaded images to show is to log off then log back in. Any help would be appreciated.
Last edited by ArtGallery on Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by rjcalifornia » Mon Jul 22, 2019 2:18 am

ArtGallery wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:49 am
Using the Image Manager to upload a new image for a product gives me the Success: Your file has been uploaded! notice but the image is not visible in the Image Manager window. I can see older images but not any of the newly uploaded ones. If I log out of the Admin then back in I can see the new images. This was happening with OC 3.0.3.1 a while ago as well but it was fixed but I can't find my notes as to how.

The files are there, just not visible in the Image Manager menu. Files uploaded by FTP also are not showing up. I tried the refresh button in the Image Manager, refreshed as well as disabled and refreshed the Theme and the SASS OpenCart caches in the "Gear" icon Developer Settings menu of the Admin dashboard - nothing worked. The only way I can get the newly uploaded images to show is to log off then log back in. Any help would be appreciated.
Do you have some other cache extension enabled? It really sounds like a cache issue.

Did you try uploading images from another browser or computer?

A2 Hosting features: Shared Turbo Boost, Managed Warp 1, Unmanaged Hyper 1, and Warp 2 Turbo

Location - Worldwide

Post by ostechnologies » Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Opencart Expert | sales[at]ost.agency
Skype - manish.osuniverse | Gtalk - manishmt

Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.ost.agency/product/product- ... extensions
ost.agency - ecommerce website design, development and digital company

Post by ArtGallery » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:52 am

Thanks. I will go check those two things.

Post by ArtGallery » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:05 am

Do you have some other cache extension enabled? It really sounds like a cache issue.
None that I am aware of. This is a clean install of OpenCart 3.0.3.2.
I asked my hosting company if there is some way I can turn off the cache for my site, haven't heard back.

Did you try uploading images from another browser or computer?
Yes, I used different browsers, Opera, FireFox and Chrome, same problem with all three. I also uploaded files using FTP, same problem. Nothing shows up unless I log out then log back in.

I checked the file and folder permissions.
All existing folders were set to 755
All new folders created with the OC Image Manager were set to 777
All new folders created with FileZilla FTP client were set to 755
All existing images and newly uploaded ones either by FTP or through the OC Image Manager were set to 644

Changing the 777 folders to 755 changed nothing as far as being able to see new images uploaded to any folder including the new one with the Image Manager in OC. No newly uploaded folders or images, regardless of the permissions settings are visible unless I log out of OC than back in. Probably a hosting site cache problem, but I will have to wait until they get back to me.

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:18 pm

go to admin, open web developer and disable caching, see if you still have an issue with caching off.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by ArtGallery » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:23 pm

go to admin, open web developer and disable caching, see if you still have an issue with caching off.

I was doing that as noted in my first post. It just wasn't working. From my initial post:
"...disabled and refreshed the Theme and the SASS OpenCart caches in the "Gear" icon Developer Settings menu of the Admin dashboard"

Anyway, it definitely is a cache problem. Today after disabling and flushing both of the caches in the Developer Settings menu (Gear Icon) upper right corner of the Admin Dashboard, I was able to create several folders and upload multiple images without any problems, which was not working yesterday. My host provider said they are not running a cache on my install. They suggested manually clearing the cache in the images folder if the problem shows up again.

Interestingly my 3.0.3.1 install with both cache settings turned on and not flushed in the Developer Settings menu, I have been able to create folders and upload images without having them not show up for over a year now.

Thanks to all who offered suggestions!

Post by letxobnav » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 pm

I wasn't talking about your OC caches, I was talking about using browser web developer to turn off your browser caching.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by ArtGallery » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:15 am

letxobnav wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:41 pm
I wasn't talking about your OC caches, I was talking about using browser web developer to turn off your browser caching.
Thanks for the clarification. I assumed when you talked about "admin" you meant the admin in OC. The word web in your original comment didn't make sense to me, but now it does. If it shows up again, I will try turning off the cache in my browser. No way to test it now as it is working correctly.