Post by lukeketchum1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:24 pm

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is a way to change shipping options according to order value.

I have all shipping options nicely set up and working for me at the moment except for one thing, if someone from overseas is purchasing a high value amount of goods, I do not want the options for standard postage to be available, I would like only Tracked or Signed to be available.

Is there a way this rule can be set? I'm in Opencart 3.0.2.0 and use Royal Mail Postage module (Also if anyone has the updated rates for that module would be great as they're a bit out of date!)

Best regards

Luke

Post by kestas » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:07 pm

Do you use geozones for the shipping? You can set up geozones for each shipping.

Custom OpenCart modules and solutions. You can write PM with additional questions... Extensions you can find here

Post by letxobnav » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:11 pm

(Also if anyone has the updated rates for that module would be great as they're a bit out of date!)
you asked that same question in May, I would assume you figured that one out by now.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by lukeketchum1 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:36 pm

If I figured it out, I wouldn't have asked...

Post by Johnathan » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:37 pm

If you're looking for flat rates based on total, Total-Based Shipping can do that. However, that's separate from the Royal Mail method, so it would show up as a separate option. You'd need to restrict both of them by geo zone to get the rates you want.

If you need both total and weight requirements, then you'd want Formula-Based Shipping instead. You could recreate the Royal Mail rates in there, and then change them based on total. Feel free to take a look at the screenshots and demo site, and if you're interested let me know at www.getclearthinking.com/contact if you have any further questions.

For updated Royal Mail rates, I'm not sure where to get those. You could check the OpenCart github files to see if they've been updated for OpenCart 3.1, but you may need to look them up yourself on the Royal Mail site and manually add them into the extension.

Image Image Image Image Image

Administrator

Post by letxobnav » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:00 pm

If I figured it out, I wouldn't have asked...
nah, I think you're just lazy.

viewtopic.php?t=211954

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by lukeketchum1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:07 pm

Thanks Jonathan I'll take a look at it.

letxobnav, if I want your opinions I'll be sure to ask.