Post by Laoyumi » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:36 am

OC 3.0.3.2 standard setup with few modifications.
I have set up 6 Options. When I edit a product in the Option Tap those options are listed for selection. But only the first 5 options are displayed, the 6th and presumably more are not available. There is no way to scroll down a list or to type in some first letters.
Last edited by Laoyumi on Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by straightlight » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:45 pm

You need to increase your post size in your php.ini file. Incident request posted in wrong forum section, not a bug.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Laoyumi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:13 am

Thank you for your standard post.
I had searched before I posted and read on stackoverflow about the need to increase post size in php.ini. But my php.ini already has upload_max_filesize = 999M .
If OC does not show all the options out of the box or because of a user setting that is a bug in my opinion.
Had the same problem with categories until I installed an extension. Extension has no problem to show all the categories without changing php.ini . My conclusion, the problem is not with php.ini but somewhere else.

Post by straightlight » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:43 am

If OC does not show all the options out of the box or because of a user setting that is a bug in my opinion.
That analogy would be incorrect. There are countless users with decent web servers capabilities able to handle several hundreds of product options. It all depends on the capacity of the post size a server can take based on its defined configuration. Not a bug.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Laoyumi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:02 am

Anyway, I followed your "hint" and added post_max_size 999M to my php.ini . Cleared the cache but the behaviour described in my first post has not changed.

Post by Laoyumi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:29 am

To show my "problem" I attach a image. On the left the list of options = 6 . On the right the options to choose from in product = 5 . No option to scroll down or to select the option "metals"

Attachments

Option problem.jpg

Option problem.jpg (49.73 KiB) Viewed 1604 times

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:54 am

admin/controller/catalog/option.php

look for the function =>

public function autocomplete
change the limit to 10 or whatever you want

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIxDoCRc84

Expert Member

Post by Laoyumi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:49 pm

Well Mona, this is the second time you solved a problem for me today! Your solution worked. Thanks a lot!
Out of the box Opencart allows to create as many options as one likes. But in the product -> options it allows only to use the first 5. If you do not apply Mona's solution then you might as well stop creating more than 5 options.
Correction: Typing the first few letters of the option into the text-box brings up the options beyond the 5 option limit.
Last edited by Laoyumi on Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by DigitCart » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:20 pm

Hi
But in the product -> options it allows only to use the first 5.
that's not correct. did you try to type your option name (or the first letters of it) in the text box? in your example please try to type metals.

My Extensions

Post by Laoyumi » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm

You are quite right! Typing in a few letters autocompletes the name of the option. I now have a display of all the options and select by mouse click + I can type in the first two letters and get it that way.
Quite impressed by OC. The problem is I am not a programmer but a artificial limb maker. Still have to understand the software to ask professional people for the right alterations for my specific requirements.

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:43 pm

that's not correct.
this is why it is called autocomplete function :)
but actually when you have a lot of options and you can not remember what you named them ..

what I was going to say was - its not correct because you should not make hard core changes, but I am aware he is just playing around with opencart to see how it fits ..
so ..

great - so if you can get away with not making a hard core edit - put it back to 5
Last edited by by mona on Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DISCLAIMER:
You should not modify core files .. if you would like to donate a cup of coffee I will write it in a modification for you.

Expert Member

Post by by mona » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Laoyumi wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:40 pm
Quite impressed by OC.
The ease in which you can solve most ‘problems’ is actually the accomplishments of the design as well as those that assist and the effort you put into it.

DISCLAIMER:

Expert Member