Post by LukeCS » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:25 am

Hi,

I have installed a theme (Nego) on Opencart 3 and it now gives me this error at top of admin page:

Code: Select all

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/admin/view/stylesheet/bootstrap.css): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/html/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 14Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 16Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 18Warning: fflush() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 20Warning: flock() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 22Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /var/www/html/admin/controller/startup/sass.php on line 24

Post by D3MO » Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 am

This is permissions error make the file 755 oir 777 to be sure it is readable

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by crosland » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:28 am

D3MO wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 am
If you look at the error more carefully, and examine the code, you will the file is being opened for writing. The permissions are probably already 755 and you need to change to 777.

Post by straightlight » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:53 am

crosland wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:28 am
D3MO wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 4:44 am
If you look at the error more carefully, and examine the code, you will the file is being opened for writing. The permissions are probably already 755 and you need to change to 777.
No folders should require CHMOD settings to be delegated this high. Web servers administrators should be already aware enough these days that CHMOD 755 should run as its highest to provide enough security over Binary or Text mode via a File Server.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by tuncaksoy » Mon Jan 25, 2021 7:01 pm

Hello there
After refreshing the cache get the same error. We made a server change. Which files need 777 permission to fix the problem?
Thanks

Post by JNeuhoff » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:05 pm

Your error message doesn't make sense. Line 14 of the admin/controller/startup/sass.php contains this:

Code: Select all

$scss = new \ScssPhp\ScssPhp\Compiler();
And line 24 is a blank line. Please provide more details. None of these lines can cause this error.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 26, 2021 3:55 am

Sorry, but an empty line 24 does not cause your error. You are not telling us the whole story here!

Unless you provide some details, such as OC version, extensions used, website URL, etc, nobody will be able to help you.

Export/Import Tool * SpamBot Buster * Unused Images Manager * Instant Option Price Calculator * Number Option * Google Tag Manager * Survey Plus * OpenTwig

Guru Member

Post by mikeinterserv » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:18 am

And un-installing the theme results in what ?
If it results in things working OK then you should contact the theme developer no ?

Location - Wales

Post by JNeuhoff » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:32 am

Well, it seems to me that you are not using the original admin/controller/startup/sass.php. So there is no point continuing here unless you tell us a little bit more, including some basic things such as OC version used, extensions installed, website URL.

Guru Member

Post by tuncaksoy » Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:40 am

Hello there
I fixed the previous problem. When I reinstalled Boostrap, the problem was solved but now I have another problem. When I want to upload a product photo I get the error in the picture. I think this is about permissions again. I would be glad if you help.
You can see it in the attached picture.

OC v Sürüm 3.0.2.0

Attachments

screen.JPG

screen.JPG (91.91 KiB) Viewed 1350 times

Post by straightlight » Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:48 pm

tuncaksoy wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 4:40 am
Hello there
I fixed the previous problem. When I reinstalled Boostrap, the problem was solved but now I have another problem. When I want to upload a product photo I get the error in the picture. I think this is about permissions again. I would be glad if you help.
You can see it in the attached picture.

OC v Sürüm 3.0.2.0
FAQ regarding storage folder (first post): viewtopic.php?f=134&t=215776#p717782 .

Set CHMOD permissions recursively to the storage folder to 0755 from FTP . Files do not normally need to be modified within but ensure they mostly show as 0644 and you should be all set. If permission changes crashes along the process or does not change, you'll need to contact your host to complete the process especially if you cannot assign these permissions from FTP, host console or by using SSH.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON