Post by tavolozza » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:06 pm

Hi. I have found a vqMod that disables other shipping options when FREE SHIPPING is available. However, I am running an online clothing store and would like to offer additional charges (per weight specified) when the customer wants a combined shipping for free and non-free shipping items.

Ex.
1. If customer orders 3 items with 0.00kg total cart weight then it will render FREE SHIPPING
2. When customer adds an item that is not eligible for free shipping (ex. total cart weight is 0.15kg because of one item), any item beyond 0kg will be charged a corresponding fee.

I have made use of weight-based shipping methods & free shipping in the shipping modules.

Therefore, I am looking for the vqMod or module that will do the opposite. Any tutorial or help will be appreciated!

Post by skip » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:53 pm

Hi, did you solve ?

Post by Johnathan » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:43 pm

You don't need a mod to do this. Just use a $0 cost for a 0 weight cart, and your normal rates above that. For example:

0:0.00, 1:5.00, 2:10.00, 3:15.00, etc.

If that won't work for some reason, I probably have a shipping extension that will. Let me know more details about shipping setup and I can suggest something.

Image Image Image Image

Global Moderator