Post by rale » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:01 pm

Hello people!
I need share this with you and need some eplanation about this.
I installed google spam protection at the site, version 3.0.2.0 and google spam protection works.
Contact and register work , just not work on product review but that i can disable from admin.
Again, sometimes I have a registered account from bot and have email from the contact side by bot. How is it possible?
When I try I can not send anything without validation, can not register your account without validation. How can bot?
Has anyone had or have this problem?

Post by paulfeakins » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:56 pm

You could try this extension which doesn't require users to fill out the annoying Google fields:
https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... n_id=36312

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by rale » Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:38 pm

Thank you! That is very nice.

Post by paulfeakins » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:03 pm

rale wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:38 pm
Thank you! That is very nice.
Thank you, I wrote this one myself and we have had a lot of good feedback about it.

You just install it and forget about it, it doesn't bug users but ... suddenly spam stops 100%!

I suspect there will be a time in the future when the spammers figure out how to get around it and we can't guarantee we'll be able to release a fix, especially if it becomes a popular extension, so be aware of that but until then it works perfectly :)

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom

Post by rale » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:29 am

Your extension is good, all praise.
I was thinking about the default open cart captcha. It works well, its design is not very good and requires typing characters but doing well and works better than google and I've dealt with it a little bit and came up with a solution that is beautiful and useful.
Check this default OC recaptcha which I redesigned a little, that is from affiliate page where google recapcha not work.
From there bots registered new account. I use now that redesigned captcha and is ok, no more spam, and + have better looks now. For me is good.

Attachments

recaptcha.png

recaptcha - recaptcha.png (20.72 KiB) Viewed 526 times