Post by Cue4cheap » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:55 pm

Hello,
My update to php 7.1 went fine with only one contrib that I see that kicks an error BUT still seems to function.
It is for multi-store and prevents people from logging in using accounts from different stores to log into other stores....

In controller/account/login.php I added under protected function validate() {
Added this section:
$customer_info = $this->model_account_customer->getCustomerByEmail($this->request->post['email']);
$customerGroupId = isset($customer_info['customer_group_id']) ? $customer_info['customer_group_id'] : -1;
$allowedCustomerGroups = $this->config->get('config_customer_group_display');
if(!is_array($allowedCustomerGroups) || !in_array($customerGroupId, $allowedCustomerGroups))
{
$this->error['warning'] = $this->language->get('error_login');
return false

It still works but AT TIMES and no time I can pin-point, the log has this in it:
undefined index email in controller/account/login.php on line 202

The first line I added is line 202. So The question is why this error gets logged now under php 7.1 when it didn't kick an error before?

Thank you,
Mike

cue4cheap not cheap quality

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:18 am

It still works but AT TIMES and no time I can pin-point, the log has this in it:
undefined index email in controller/account/login.php on line 202

The first line I added is line 202. So The question is why this error gets logged now under php 7.1 when it didn't kick an error before?
You still need to validate the $this->request->post['email'] prior to pass its super global parameter from the browser into the model. Otherwise, the validate() method may loose its focus since the login page may rely on a last entry point of location on the store-front where the email parameter may not be defined at that specific time period.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cue4cheap » Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:59 am

straightlight wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:18 am
You still need to validate the $this->request->post['email'] prior to pass its super global parameter from the browser into the model. Otherwise, the validate() method may loose its focus since the login page may rely on a last entry point of location on the store-front where the email parameter may not be defined at that specific time period.
By validate, do you mean validate it is set? i.e. isset ?

Also why was it working prior to the update to php 7.1?
Thank you,
Mike

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:16 am

[quote[
[/quote]

Correct.
Industrial change. Which is why, troubleshooting is important so not to stick on same OC version for several years.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by Cue4cheap » Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:12 am

straightlight wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:16 am
Correct.
Industrial change. Which is why, troubleshooting is important so not to stick on same OC version for several years.
Thank you for the replies...

And there brings up the issue....
1.5.6.4 was (is?) the most stable version I've ran but beyond that the contibs I have are almost critical to making my store run well and easy.
i.e.
At least 4 times a year major number of product price changes and usually with a few days notice that changes are needed.
Daily quantity updates (via background ran admin cronjob)
SEO auto modules that work but are no longer supported
My template
etc.

I also don't know the differences between 1.5.6.4 and 3.0.x and especially I do not know twig so it might be a steep learning curve. Also I'd like to keep my order and customer data.

Thank you,
Mike

Expert Member

Post by straightlight » Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Cue4cheap wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:12 am
straightlight wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:16 am
Correct.
Thank you for the replies...

And there brings up the issue....
1.5.6.4 was (is?) the most stable version I've ran but beyond that the contibs I have are almost critical to making my store run well and easy.
i.e.
At least 4 times a year major number of product price changes and usually with a few days notice that changes are needed.
Daily quantity updates (via background ran admin cronjob)
SEO auto modules that work but are no longer supported
My template
etc.

I also don't know the differences between 1.5.6.4 and 3.0.x and especially I do not know twig so it might be a steep learning curve. Also I'd like to keep my order and customer data.

Thank you,
Mike
That is the point of the industrial change. Granted, bug reports have been found and reported and most of them been resolved on GitHub. However, this is what users in general needs to understand; that OC ain't always the source of origin where bugs gets developed but rather the other way around most of the time. It could be simply due to a PHP version change by the industry and programmers as much as for users simply needs to opt and adapt the change based on incident requests being created on the forum and on GitHub.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by IP_CAM » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:17 pm

Well, PHP v.7.1 was not a well-done Version, and should better be
replaced by PHP v.7.2, since it's already near it's end of life cycle.
And the (still most stable :D ) OC v.1.5.6.5_rc works well with PHP 7.2x,
after replacing the system/library/encryption.php file, similar
to later OC Versions, requiring the same change, to further function.
Ernie
---

My Github OC Site: https://github.com/IP-CAM
5'200 + FREE OC Extensions, on the World's largest private Github OC Repository Archive Site.

Legendary Member

Location - Switzerland