Post by katerina233 » Sun May 26, 2019 10:29 pm

Hi all, please help, I am really stuck here with my search bar, I am trying to make it a float and dropdown, which I did, but the search bar itself is not active, I cannot use it to search things in my website, I don't know what I can do to make it active.

<nav class="floating-menu2">
<div class="dropdown open">
<button type="button" class="btn btn-default btn-lg type=" button"="" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-expanded="true"><i class="fa fa-search"></i></button>
<ul class="dropdown-menu">
<a class="dropdown-item" href="#"><input type="text" name="search" value="" placeholder="搜索" class="form-control input-lg"></a>
</ul>
</div>
</nav>

my website: http://www.q-sissi.com/

Many many many thanks!

Post by D3MO » Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 am

try setting z index from your style

Opencart Expert | voldemaras@gmail.com
Skype - programanija | Gtalk - voldemaras@gmail.com
Extensions for Opencart @ https://www.opencartextensions.eu / or Opencart Marketplace

Need Custom Module? debug third party module or simply have any question related to Opencart? feel free to contact directly for a live chat session:) - INSTANT LIVE CHAT

Post by letxobnav » Mon May 27, 2019 9:24 am

start by writing proper html.

<button type="button" class="btn btn-default btn-lg type=" button"="" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-expanded="true"><i class="fa fa-search"></i></button>

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by katerina233 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:29 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:24 am

I don't know anything about html and css, I googled my way to do a few changes and here we are, thank you for your html correction, but unfortunately it is not working as well.
Many thanks

Post by katerina233 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:33 pm

D3MO wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 am
I will try and see, will report back to you, many thanks

Post by katerina233 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:37 pm

letxobnav wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:24 am

In fact, actually, would you mind to tell me why your html was correct and mine was wrong, because I am eager to learn, I am pretty sure in my backend there are a lot of tidy ups to do but I am learning new things everyday.

Many thanks

Post by katerina233 » Mon May 27, 2019 12:50 pm

D3MO wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 1:53 am
I just tried, not working, I checked the purpose of z-index in css, I don't think it is about where the search box is, it is about wheter the search box is active or not, and at this moment it is not active, as in cannot search.
many thanks

Post by letxobnav » Mon May 27, 2019 12:52 pm

this was your html with wrong html in bold, not mine, I did not post any mine.

Crystal Light Centrum Taiwan
Extensions: MailQueue | SUKHR | VBoces

“Data security is paramount at [...], and we are committed to protecting the privacy of anyone who is associated with our [...]. We’ve made a lot of improvements and will continue to make them.”
When you know your life savings are gone.

Expert Member

Location - Taiwan

Post by cyclops12 » Mon May 27, 2019 5:45 pm

You have moved the search from the header, have you updated the relevant controller to call the search and also need to edit the relevant js file

Expert Member

Post by katerina233 » Mon May 27, 2019 6:11 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:45 pm
You have moved the search from the header, have you updated the relevant controller to call the search and also need to edit the relevant js file
Sounds really complicated......but you gave me an idea, I will try it and see, it is probably going to be easier.
Many thanks
:)

Post by cyclops12 » Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 pm

As you can see from This thread the search was moved from the header to the navbar so changes were needed to be made to the js file.
This may help you make changes to wherever you moved your search to.

Expert Member

Post by katerina233 » Tue May 28, 2019 1:35 pm

cyclops12 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:56 pm
As you can see from This thread the search was moved from the header to the navbar so changes were needed to be made to the js file.
This may help you make changes to wherever you moved your search to.

Hi thank you so much for the forwarding, I have tried floating-menu2 and input-lg but nothing seems to be working?? do I also put in nav? but I am not placing it on nav bar so it is not right, right?? So confused....more assitance needed please....
Many thanks

Post by paulfeakins » Tue May 28, 2019 7:51 pm

katerina233 wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:29 pm
I don't know anything about html and css
Then you should save yourself the time and hassle and pay someone from Commercial Support:
viewforum.php?f=88

UK OpenCart Hosting | OpenCart Audits | OpenCart Support - please email info@antropy.co.uk

Guru Member

Location - London Gatwick, United Kingdom