Post by oz457 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:17 am

Is there a way to exclude products from the bestseller list? I have some items that are actually free of charge, and I don't want them to get into the bestseller list on the website.

Thanks for any info.

Post by uNeverNo » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:03 pm

Two ways to do this:
(1)ask a coder to develop a vQmod extension or do it by yourself;
(2)hard code the best seller module.

This is how to hard code the best seller module:

Open catalog\controller\module\bestseller.php

and find

Code: Select all

foreach ($results as $result) {
add before it:

$skip_product_ids = array(w, x, y, z);
and add right afterit:

if (in_array($result['product_id'], $skip_product_ids)) {
    continue;
}
w, x, y, z are the product ids of the products you want to hide from the best seller module and you can add as many product ids as you want. Remember to separate those product ids with commas.

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

If you feel I have helped, a donation is optional and appreciated. Image

Post by samaraki » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:19 pm

Is there a way to do this, but with categories rather than specific products?

Post by uNeverNo » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:49 pm

samaraki wrote:Is there a way to do this, but with categories rather than specific products?
http://www.opencart.com/index.php?route ... n_id=17983

Post in the forum yet no one's willing to help? Contact me for free opencart coding or configuration assistance. Reach me at uneverno1986#gmail.com(replace # with @). But no free extension development request. Sorry about that :( It could take a few days to make a complicated mod.

Post by samaraki » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:16 pm

Does this mod also allow to exclude "sold out" items?

Post by uNeverNo » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm

samaraki wrote:Does this mod also allow to exclude "sold out" items?
Yes. By the way, I have replied to your email. Check it out :)

Post by samaraki » Sun May 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Hi,

The extention I got from you 5 years ago... Is there an upto date version of it for OC3?
Exclude products from bestseller,latest and special modules

Post by johnp » Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 pm

Why not add your items manually and call the module Bestsellers. I use this. It's great.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... load_id=36

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK

Post by straightlight » Sun May 12, 2019 10:08 pm

Specifying the products to exclude from a module may be practical solution when a small mount of products might be sold. However, it may not bring the best interest to the store owners having to manage several thousands and above of those. The best solution would be to focus on the product type as a priority before managing the exclusions list; since it is good to say that a product based on the most demands represents the best sells either by the highest price or by the quantity but identifying those products by product types would also be ideal as a POS solution before showing them to the public on the market.

Dedication and passion goes to those who are able to push and merge a project.

Regards,
Straightlight
Programmer / Opencart Tester

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by samaraki » Tue May 14, 2019 3:52 pm

johnp wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 9:36 pm
Why not add your items manually and call the module Bestsellers. I use this. It's great.

https://www.opencart.com/index.php?rout ... load_id=36
The reason I don't do is manually, because like Straightlight said, if you have lots of items it's not practical.
But actually I'm more so interested in this for the latest items rather than bestsellers, best sellers do not change often I do this manually anyway.
I use the Journal 3 theme, it allows you to manually select latest, bestseller, etc etc, it's super customizable, but it's automation that I want.

I have an extention that does it automatically it will exclude products or catagories automatically, the problem is, it doens't work with OC3, but some kind person has offered to try and make it work.

Post by straightlight » Tue May 14, 2019 7:33 pm

I use the Journal 3 theme, it allows you to manually select latest, bestseller, etc etc, it's super customizable, but it's automation that I want.
If you want the bestsellers, and other features at the same time, to show in a conformed way as POS compliance, simply see this topic: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=210586 . It is strictly based on the customers' demands versus the highest processing / completed sales based on the highest sold quantities of those demands.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by samaraki » Sun May 19, 2019 3:24 am

No, I don't want best sellers at all, I want latest products minus all the cheapo items which do not attract customers, It can be achieved manually, but It's nicer if it just hides the ones you don't like automatically. like the extention I had for OC1. Shame the developer seems to have gone...

Post by straightlight » Sun May 19, 2019 3:46 am

samaraki wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:24 am
No, I don't want best sellers at all, I want latest products minus all the cheapo items which do not attract customers, It can be achieved manually, but It's nicer if it just hides the ones you don't like automatically. like the extention I had for OC1. Shame the developer seems to have gone...
Then, you are posting on the wrong topic. This topic subject is explicitly about removing (exclude) items from bestseller list.

Regards,
Straightlight

Legendary Member

Location - Canada, ON

Post by johnp » Sun May 19, 2019 4:19 am

Agreed. Wrong topic. I suggest you post in the commercial support forum and get a latest items module written with a lowest price level filter in it.

Opencart 1.5.6.5/OC Bootstrap Pro/VQMOD lover, user and geek.
Affordable Service £££ - Opencart Installs, Fixing, Development and Upgrades
Plus Ecommerce, Marketing, Mailing List Management and More
FREE Guidance and Advice at https://www.ecommerce-help.co.uk

Location - Surrey, UK